Chapter Thirty Four -In Like With You

He stopped. It was everything that he ever wanted to hear, yet that's not how he wanted to hear it, in an argument. His feet turned him around after a moment to himself and he saw Rosie stood there panting with tears in her eyes. Stiles began to walk closer to her but stopped when he saw a certain strawberry blonde haired girl behind her.

"Lydia."

"What?" Saddened, she followed Stiles gaze to her best friend who stood behind her, naked.

"Well, is anybody gonna get me a coat?" The girl said bitterly. Stiles immediately took off his coat and gave it to her. While Stiles led her best friend to the sirens and probably his dad, Rosie waited as she watched in envy at the way Stiles treated Lydia. How he would always treat her.

Soon after, Rosie did follow them and got the attention of Stiles' dad. The sheriff came over to them quickly and led Lydia to the nearby ambulance to get checked out. Rosie watched her best friend get poked an prodded by the crew as she walked over to here, with Stiles following behind.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"Well I did not miss hearing those questions constantly but no I'm just cold." Although she had been out in the cold for days she still had the sarcasm roaring through her veins.

"We are going to get her checked out." The ambulance member said to Lydias friend before looking at Lydia. "Can you come inside the van and we can take you to the hospital?

Lydia obliged and sat in the back of the ambulance wearing nothing other than the Sheriffs jacket which he had swapped with Stiles' jacket. To Rosie, Lydia looked fine other than pale. Not in pain, not injured. Just fine.

While watching the ambulance doors close, Rosie felt the presence of the Sheriff beside her. He placed his arm round her and she let her head drop into him.

"Rosie, go home. You too Stiles. We can take it from here. She'll be fine."

Stiles caught Rosies eyes and looked as if he was about to say something but then stopped himself. She walked up to a deputy and asked for a lift home as she didn't want to endure the ride home with Stiles after what she blurted out earlier.

As the car drove away from the scene she watched Stiles stand there, beaten down, staring at the car she was in. Thankfully the deputy did not attempt to make small talk throughout the journey home and Rosie was grateful for that. For she did not feel like talking  about what subjects she likes at school.

She thanked the deputy and headed inside, dragging her feet along the floor as she felt everything was torn out of her. Everything was out, yet nothing was achieved from it other than embarrassment and the feeling of failure.

Once in her room she expected tears to fall but they didn't. The feeling she felt wasn't sadness it was just numb. Numbness on her heart and in her mind. She sat at her dressing table staring at herself in the mirror, as she cleansed her face, taking off any makeup she had on.

Downstairs she heard the slam of the door and knew it was Scott. He stamped up the stairs and his footsteps weren't heard again. Rosie assumed that he had gone into his room without knowing she was home so she proceeded to cleaning her face in silence.

"Shes not you either." It was not Scotts voice and she looked in her mirror to see Stiles standing in her doorway. He began to advance closer to her. "Lydia, shes not you."

"Yeah I get that okay." Rosie stood up from her desk and stood in the centre of the room so she could see him right in front of her. "No need to rub it in my face. That I'm never gonna-"

Stiles shut her up by cupping her face and pulling her close enough so he could press his lips to hers. At first she was taken aback by Stiles kissing her but soon melted into the kiss as she placed her hands on his chest. Once the two broke apart from each others lips, Rosie stayed staring into his eyes as she finished her sentence.

"Be like her. I uh don't get it. You like Lydia." Her eyes glossed over as her emotions were high.

"You just thought I liked her." Stiles shrugged uncomfortably.

"But you never said anything, even after at the hospital. You ran away from it. From me." Rosie stepped back away from him lifting her hands away from him. "But you- you said nothing."

"Yeah I know. But before then you never said you liked me."

"Stiles I kissed you at Lydias. I keep the clothes you leave here. I wear them clothes. I opened up to you." She smiled, embarrassed at what she had just said as she now felt naked after getting that off her chest. "How could you not think I liked you?"

"I thought you didn't mean to do any of those things. I thought you just thought of me as a best friend. You went out with Sam. So I just thought..."

"I went out with Sam because I knew you'd never like me. You don't like me. You're just feeling sorry for me." Rosie couldn't wrap her head around what was going on, it was all too much for her. One minute she was having a stand off with Stiles and the next minute shes kissing him. She couldn't allow herself to believe that Stiles truly did like her. "You don't like me."

"Hey, hey, hey. How can I not?" He sat on his leg on her bed and bounced as he sat. "You're beautiful. And not just that. You're smart. You're funny. Super funny. I mean whoever isn't in love with you is dumb."

"Wh-what did you say?" Her voice was hitched in her throat as she listened to Stiles hint that he was in love with her. His face scrunched up as he regretted being too full on in a situation which had only come by at a chance. "You're in love with me?"

"No. No I'm not-I like you. I don't love you. I'm more like- in like with you?" High pitched Stiles tried to cover up what he had just said and also tried to not make his stupid mistakes hurt her anymore. He anticipated her to become saddened again or even angry that he could have not told her this before but she didn't.

She looked up from her fidgeting hands and sat beside him on the bed. Taking his hands in hers, she sat so she faced him and then leaned in. This time it was her who initiated the kiss and it was as if it was their first kiss. Soft yet passionate. Short but not long enough.

As she broke away she looked deep into his eyes and whispered "Im in like with you too."