Chapter Fifty Six- Duo

They say sadness is behind anger. Rosie is living proof of it. Here she stood in her high school car park, feeling more distant from her brother than when they were separated during long summers in elementary school.

A half hearted smile appeared on her face although her eyes did not follow the happiness expression. They knew it was fake so why bother? Instead, they filled themselves with ripped emotion washing away her sadness. Just like she always did, Rosie hid her problems behind that smile.

Looking at the two boys she saw her childhood. Running around after them, being the responsible one. Playing in the playground later than they were supposed to. Staying up late to tell each other ghost stories until they got too scared to carry on. But after a moment of looking, her childhood which was filled with happiness vanished before her and she was now seeing two boys who had distanced themselves.

Just like her heart, she saw her world crumble. Her best friend, her love interest. Her Stiles. Wearing an expression she had never seen before. Like he was broken. But what broke him?

Then there was her brother. Her own flesh and blood. Someone she shared a womb with. Who she shared her life with, every secret. So what changed?

Defeated, she began laughing as the two boys said nothing but stare at her regretfully. They were confused as to why she was laughing but didn't feel just to ask her, so they waited. Waited in silence until she said something.

"We were the trio." She bit her lip, emotion rolling down her face, escaping her eyes, still wearing the fake smile. "Since when did it become the duo?"

"Its not like that-" In his voice, you could hear the sorrow for letting his sister down.

"Pass me the keys." Demanded Rosie, interrupting her brother in the process.

"No, Rosie no. Lets talk this out." Stiles joined in, with a trembling voice which could break anyones heart just by hearing it. "I..."

"Go on." Rosie ushered him after he trailed off his sentence on purpose. "Because I'm so fed up of not actually being in your life when you consume mine. So are you going to carry on, or shall I go?"

"Rosie, I'm so sorry-" Started Stiles, after a moment of deciding whether to say what he wanted to or not.

"If that's all you're going to say then ill leave."

"But I-"

"I don't want to hear it. Pass me my mothers keys." She said, disassociating herself with Scott, as if they weren't related. He stood looking at her shaking his head, beginning to say the word please. "You were supposed to be there for me."

"I was. I still am I swear." Like Rosie and Stiles, he had created the watery substance of emotion in his own eyes but did not let them fall. It was not his sadness. It was sadness for Rosie.

"Nope." Shaking her head, she let more tears fall, staining her cheeks and her already wet black top. "Pass me the keys."

Reluctantly, Scott threw her the keys and she caught with ease before saying nothing and getting in the car. The boys watched her and said nothing, They knew it was too late to say anything to stop her going. Stop her leaving them.

Rosie didn't even look back as she used her sleeve to wipe away the tears she had shed and drove out of the school parking lot, with nowhere to go. The boys just watched as the car faded further into the distance and stood in silence for a moment when it was no longer in sight.

"What do I do now?" Stiles broke the silence as he put his hands on his head, thankful he had not much hair because otherwise he would have pulled it out. Through teary eyes he looked to his best friend, who was looking at the floor, reliving the previous moments.

"How did she- how did she know?" The werewolf replied angrily, through gritted teeth at his best friend. After taking a look at Stiles he charged over to him and pinned him against Stiles jeep. "You told her didn't you?"

"Derek knew. He said he could smell the fear radiating off me. I just told her my thinking. What we were thinking-" Interrupting Stiles' worrying monologue, Scott pushed Stiles further into the jeep, making him fear for his life if he shifted right now.

"Shes never going to speak to me again." Stepping back, Scott allowed Stiles some space as he thought through the things in his mind. "Shes my sister and shes never going to speak to me again..."

"Scott, she is going to speak to you again. Its just... its just something we have to work out you know, like we alwayss do." More so, he tried to make him self believe what he was saying than Scott.

"Ive just lost my sister because of you! You never cared about her did you? Was it just some act to get her to hate me?" Like he did before, anger overpowered his feelings and came first as he pushed Stiles back onto the jeep, creating a dent in it. The poor teenage boy flinched and tried to curl himself inwards to cope with the pain.

"Scott, you're being irrational. You don't know what you're saying." Stiles attempted to calm the werewolf down as he saw the amber eyes before him. His hands tried to push Scott away but he was too weak and no match for the werewolf who had now begun to dig his claws into his arms. "Scott, calm down. You don't want to do this."

"Shes my sister! My best friend! And you- you did this for what?" Grabbing Stiles, Scott slammed him across the car park with his brute strength as he finally gave in to the shift and turned. His head crashed against the floor and he grazed his arm.

Through his amber eyes, Scott took one look at him and stormed at him, willing to hurt him much worse. He whipped his claws out and lifted them up, allowing him to be able to slice Stiles with them. Just as he was about to do so, Stiles spoke up.

"Im in love with her!"