Chapter Forty- Hope

"Get her home." Derek commanded as he aided Isaac in standing up from the ball he was curled into. "Quick your dad or someone will be here any second. Me and Isaac have to go."

Stiles then walked over to Rosie and helped her up off the floor while the two werewolves left, leaving behind no trace of them being there except the unconscious body of the hunter. Once up she smiled at him and brushed off her clothes before walking to the door, heading out.

"Here take my keys. Ill be out in a minute." He threw her the keys to the jeep across the room as he stayed stationary in the middle of the room. On the other hand, Rosie walked briskly through the corridor and ended up running when she heard scuffling of footsteps near her.

She knew Stiles would be okay because it was his father who would find him and defend him, that's probably why he had stayed, she thought. As soon as she breathed fresh air, it hit her.

It felt as if she had taken a hallucinating drug because her vision differed and became wavy. Her feet carried her uncertainly and she found it hard to walk the first few steps before seeing her a faint figure in front of her.

After blinking to adjust her vision, the figure withered away although she was sure what she saw had a tail. Maybe the wolfsbane had taken a toll on her after all. Whatever it was doing to her made her feel there but then again disassociated from her body.

When she was a couple of feet away from the jeep her legs gave way, resulting in her body colliding with the wet puddles on the floor. Though she felt no pain. Rosie began laughing at herself but made no attempts to get up. It was as if she was drunk.

The rumble of footsteps advanced towards her but had no effect on her because in this moment, she felt like she could do anything. Anything other than get up off the floor. Before she even saw the owner of the footsteps which closed in on her, she heard them.

"Shi- Rosie are you okay?" Kneeling down beside her, Stiles expected her to be in pain and not to suddenly burst out in laughter like she did. He looked at her in bewilderment waiting for an answer but nothing broke her laughter. "What are you doing?"

"Practicing my back stroke in the puddles."

"Well shall we get you home then seeing as the wolfs bane has gotten to you. Seeing as you're a human." He scooped his arms under her body; one under her legs and one supporting her back.

"But im not dying. Or am I?" Rosie questioned in a way which sounded like she should be in one of those cheesy theatre shows for kids.

"No, remember in the research we did? It said that wolfsbane made humans hallucinate?" She didn't respond of even shake her head she just stayed staring at him blankly. "Yeah of corse you wouldn't."

Stiles carried Rosie to the drivers side of the jeep after opening it with the keys she held, and plopped her on the seat. Taking his jacket off, Stiles assured that the girl would not be cold and would be comfortable before he placed her in the back so she would be able to lie down, just like she was moments ago.

He even went to the trunk of his jeep and got out a blanket he had in there for emergencies before covering her in it and then getting in the car himself. Prior to starting the car, he looked in the mirror and found that she had closed her eyes, comfortable in the place which Stiles had accommodated her.

On his way to her house, Stiles called Scott to tell him that all was fine and the plan worked. He let his phone go on speaker and placed it on the dashboard as he continued to drive.

"Stiles, did it work?" Scott said, almost panting through the phone.

"Yeah it worked. Where are you?"

"Allison just dropped me off so I'm at home. Where are you guys?"

"Outside." Carefully Stiles stopped the jeep, preventing anything to wake Rosie up before he turned the car off and got out of the jeep.

This time he went to the passengers side of the car and cradled a sleeping Rosie once again. He used her feet to close the door and then transported Rosie to the front door where Scott had just opened the door and was rather confused.

"Asleep on the job?" He joked as he let Stiles in and closed the door behind him.

"No she was injected with wolfsbane actually."

"What?" His once smile had been ripped off as Stiles said that Scotts sister had wolfsbane in her system too casually. "But that's gonna kill her? Stiles, why do you seem so calm about it? We don't even know if shes not a werewolf."

"Yeah we do. And shes not. Derek said it himself." Stiles slowly lowered Rosies body onto the sofa, with his blanket still on her.  "He said he felt her healing, somehow. She threw up the black stuff again like she did at the hospital and it just reminded me of what Derek had said to me when he was shot by that bullet. He too threw it up and then said it was his body trying to heal."

"So at the hospital she was trying to heal." Rosies brother let his eyes linger softly over his sister as he watched her intently, worried that her eyes would not open again. "Shes going to be okay right?"

"Yeah. When we researched it before you believed me- still not over that by the way- it said that on a human, wolfsbane can make one act as if they hallucinate or they have taken some sort of drug. So she might wake up and say somethings or believe she sees something but she will be fine."

The two boys sat in silence, Scott moved to sit beside Rosie and even put her legs on his lap, and Stiles sat on the armchair across from them. It was a comfortable silence for them.

"Are you staying the night?" Scott asked as he adjusted the blanket to cover Rosies lower legs.

"Yeah, just to make sure shes okay. I can carry her up to her bed." He spoke as if he was treading on thin ice around Scott while he got up and readied himself to carry Rosie once more.

"Stiles remember I have super hearing now."

"Is my heartbeat going that fast?" He asked, standing up straight.

"Yes but that's not what I'm talking about." The werewolf chuckled. "I heard you two today, outside the locker room. Why did you pretend that you hadn't told me about you two the second you got in last night?"

"Well it was Rosies idea. She said she didn't want me to get hurt by you because of the full moon. But to be honest, I think she didn't want to admit it to herself yet, you know. It went a bit fast last night." Stiles then picked Rosie up, bridle style, and carried her with ease to the bottom of the stairs.

"She does like you, you know."

"I hope so."