Chapter Twenty- Misinterpretations

"Tell me hes joking." Broken she stayed in front of Stiles who had watched her world shatter into pieces.

"I-I can explain."

"Tell me that after confiding in you about never feeling wanted, that you did not make my chances of actually being wanted disintegrate. In your own hands." Tears slipped from her icy eyes but her face didn't show any emotion. She was numb. "Just tell me that Stiles."

"I- didn't want you to get hurt."

"Well that worked out didn't it?" She began to laugh as she let droplets fall down her cheek. "You know whats funny? It was the fact that I actually thought that me and you were closer than ever. That you was someone who was always going to be there for me. I even let you in."

"Rosie you have to listen to me." His voice was strained as he was holding back his tears. Her head dropped as she took a deep breathe and he watched as one tear fell onto her shirt, leaving a mark as she looked up once again.

"I don't let people in." Turning her head as she stared emotionless at the wall. "Can I just ask why?"

Stiles was desperate to explain to her but couldn't find the words. Not even the three words which had bounced around his mind whenever he was in her presence. His silence was enough for her. She let her head drop back as it leant against the wall.

"I guess that's that then." Rosie shrugged painfully. "All the honesty, just to be greeted with lies."

"No, I need to tell you something."

"Stiles just stop. Theres nothing to say anymore. I don't want to see you anymore." He began walking guiltily towards her but stopped as he stood in front of her. "Just do one thing for me."

"Anything." His heart pounded in his chest.

She was about to say something but her mind stopped her. "Just- just find Scott."

Rosie watched Stiles walk past her, a tear stain on his cheek with more of them threatening to spill. After hearing the door slam, she let it out. Her knees gave way as she knows sat with them up to her chest against the wall. She felt betrayed. She felt broken. And for the first time she felt alone.

*

"Hey." Groggily, Scott stood at her doorway looking at his sister who was in bed, once again with the lack of emotion drawn across her face. He walked over and sat on beside her. "It wasn't meant to come out like that."

"If the full moon didn't get to you, would he have ever told me?"

"He was going to but there was complications." Rosie sat up and exposed her blotchy face.

"Like what?"

"I don't know." He lowered his head. "But I do know he did it to protect you."

"Protect me? By making me stand out in the cold for almost an hour, while wearing makeup and a nice dress in attempts to look pretty?"

"Rosie, I'm your brother so trust me when I say this, You're beautiful." As Scott complimented her she lifted her hands up to her face to wipe away the tears which struck down her face. "Stiles overheard Sam in the boys locker room, the day of your date."

"Overheard him say what?" Now she changed her posture and sat up straighter.

"He said you were next on his list." Scott answered honestly. When Stiles had told him what he had done the other night, he was at first mad. Mad because Stiles let Scotts twin sister stand out in the cold waiting for someone to come who was never going to show. But after hearing the reasoning and Stiles' drunk outbursts, he understood why he did it.

"List? What do you mean list?"

"Well, I asked Danny and what Sam likes to do is play with a girl for a month or two, never more, and then drop her as if she was nothing." Pause. "Stiles believed that you didn't deserve that and you know, I totally agree."

"Im so stupid." Laughing as another tear rolled down her cheek. "Of course I was just another person on his list. There was Bethany, Tristen, Ellie- how did I not notice?"

"No one did. Except Stiles."

"Stiles." Her eyes desperately looked at her twin. "I- I said I didn't want to see him. He was protecting me. Ive fucked it haven't i?"

"Trust me, you have not ruined it." Lifting his hand to her cheek as he wiped away a lost drop. Once he took the sadness away he opened his arms. "Look come here and you can talk to Stiles tomorrow."

Rosie accepted the invitation and engulfed her arms around her twin brother. "If anything I should be mad at you."

"Well seems like everyone's mad at me."

"You got that douche to kiss me." Taking herself away from the hug she quickly got up as she got an idea. "Does mum have the car?"

"No her friend took her to work, why?" Scott replied, obviously not catching on.

"Youre driving me to Stiles' house."

*

Scott had helped her get into the open window which luckily was Stiles' room with a boost. In the house there was no lights on meaning no one was home. Once she was inside she found a post it note next to his computer. As it was getting late and she knew Scott would soon become impatient waiting outside, Rosie picked up a pen and began to write.

I understand why you did it. I forgive you, will you forgive me?

R x

P.S You owe me a date.

After sticking the note on the top of his laptop, she began to go out the door when she saw a framed a picture on his bedside table. It was of them two, no Scott in sight. The picture was taken last summer and it captures the moment where Stiles made her laugh. Her face forward at Scott who obviously took the picture as she laughed hysterically yet Stiles was looking at her, in a way no one had ever looked at her before.

Rosie then turned her head to the shelves on the other side of his room where another framed picture was. This time it wasn't her and Stiles, it was him and Lydia. A geeky picture where Lydia didn't actually know her picture was being taken, yet she still looked beautiful. Stiles stood posing for the photo with a smile that made anyone who looked at it smile.

Taking one last look at the photo, she smiled lightly at both of them before walking down the stairs of the Stilinski house and walking straight out the door. Under the plant pot was the spare key which Rosie used to securely lock the door as if no one had ever been there.

She got back in the car and on the way back, over Scotts rambling about his encounter with Derek,  the last photo stayed in her mind. It made her wish that someone would be that happy to be with her, even if it was just in a photo.