Chapter Forty Eight- Steve

The moaning and groaning of two teenagers waking up after being hit in the head filled the air outside Boyds house. It had turned dark now, meaning they missed their opportunity to tell Scott he weren't there. Stiles was the first one to get up, as he was the one to land on her after she fell. He wiped the dirt from the ground off of his trousers and held his hands out to help Rosie up.

"Not after you just brushed dirt off with them hands and besides, I don't need help."

"Oh-kay." He withdrew his hands and placed them in his pocket. "I don't know how we are supposed to get you home. Erica totally ruined the car." 

"Yeah." Rosie replied softly, rubbing the back of her head to see if there was a mark or anything but as usual there was nothing. "Ill call for help."

"Already calling them. Hey yeah I need a pickup truck..." His voice faded as Rosie wandered towards the jeep, running her fingers over it as she walked around it. She then turned and leant on the jeep, watching Stiles argue with a mechanic over the waiting time because he was not happy to wait 15minutes. Finally he agreed and hung up. "15 minutes."

Stiles then stood beside Rosie and reciprocated her actions; leaning against the jeep and staring at Boyds house. As he looked at her, he saw no emotion but felt a gut feeling that something was wrong but when she looked back at him and her lips lifted slightly, he lost that feeling.

"Hows your head?" She asked him, breaking the silence.

"I think I'm fine but I might just become some sort of supernatural being from it." Sarcastically, Stiles replied while nodding his head. "Hows yours though?"

"I mean I don't feel anything so that's a bonus." Once she finished speaking neither of them spoke again for a few moments. Instead they stood there, each looking at the house before them, examining each crevice of the exterior. Turning her head Rosie saw Stiles looking intently at the house as if he was thinking something. "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing." He shrugged it off with a small chuckle and a shake of his head. When a certain thought entered his head his expression changed. "I didn't want to look at Erica- in that way. You know that right?"

"Stiles shes beautiful. Look at her if you want. Just don't devour yourself in her. Please."

"No I would never- I want you- not an overly confident werewolf who hits me around the head with a part of my beloved truck." At the last word he emphasized the sounding of the word, making Rosie laugh at him.

15 minutes went by and was filled with laughter, joking around and a large quantity of flirting. The mechanic turned up in a rusty truck and was a rather hench and built up man. His hair flopped over his face and his biceps bulged out of his vest top arm hole. When he got out the car Rosie felt Stiles tense up at the sight of him.

"Heard you guys are having car trouble, didn't know you meant this old thing." The man, who wore a nametag saying Steve, had a raspy voice and a deep one in fact. To any other girl he would have been the man of their dreams but once again, Rosie was different.

"Its vintage. Like half the age of you old man. Oh and that truck combined."

"Oh feisty one." He sort of looked offended by Rosies comment but didn't want to let a 16 year old girl get to him because she called him old. " Hop in the truck and ill tow us to the shop."

Each of them sat awkwardly in silence as they drove to the mechanics. Steve attempted to make small talk and mostly referred to Rosie when he spoke. Stiles had taken it upon himself to sit between Steve and Rosie because, well its self explanatory. Once they finally arrived at their destination, Rosie and Stiles we taken to the waiting room as Steve got to work.

They sat waiting for the jeep to be fixed in the groggy waiting room which was provided by the mechanics. It was adjacent to the garage so the piercing sounds of the metal on metal was ricocheted into the room, filling Rosie and Stiles' ears, irritating them.

"Okay, I'm going out there." Stiles projected, walking towards the door while Rosie got up too to follow him. "You coming to protect me from Steve again?"

"Nope you can do that yourself, I'm going to the toilet. I saw a sign for the women's room out there." She pointed to the open area of the garage, and said no more before she left Stiles to walk up to the buff man working on his jeep.

"Hey!" The tweed boy shouted over the vibrations of the drill as he walked over to the mechanic. "What do you think you're doing? All I needed was a starter."

"Yeah but it looks like your whole exhaust system has gotta be replaced too." Steve replied, not taking his eyes off the bottom of the car that was lifted up above him.

"Why do I get the feeling that you're slightly overestimating the damage?"

"Tell your hot friend thanks. She said I'm older than this piece of crap, ill show her how crap it is. Its probably gonna run you around, like, 1200, parts and labour." He replied to the teenager with a smirk which was eager to erupt more onto his face.

"Are you kidding? This thing isn't even for her its not her jeep. It doesn't even have a catalytic converter." Then Stiles began mimicking the mans voice, shaking his head animatedly as he did so. "And yes I know what a catalytic converter is."

"You know what a limited slip differential is?" To Steves interrogation, Stiles huffed and replied with a frustrated no. "Yeah, could run you more like 1500."

"Okay just finish. Ill be back here, seething with impotent rage. With my hot friend." Stiles turned and walked back towards the waiting room and as he placed his hand on the doorknob to open the door, he was greeted with a slimy substance attached to it. "Nice, that's real sanitary. Quality establishment you're running here."

Entering the room, Stiles wiped his hand on his jacket and he noticed Rosie was not back yet. As he walked around the room he even found a picture of Steve as a young teenager wearing the famous Beacon Hills High School lacrosse jersey.

He grabbed his phone to message Rosie asking where she was but his hands grew stiff. They wouldn't move even when he tried to and they then began shaking profusely as he looked up to see what Scott had described to him after he saw the creature at Isaacs. Raising his voice, Stiles tried to grab the attention of the mechanic over the sounds but was not heard.

As he continued to shout, he watched the creature slice the back of Steves neck before Stiles himself fell to the ground with unknown symptoms. It felt as if he had someone sitting on him or a bunch of bricks weighing him down as he attempted to crawl towards his phone, to call for help.

Through the window in the waiting room door, Stiles watched as the mechanic could not move either and was stuck under the large scaffolding like thing which was holding up the jeep. His vision even faltered, seeing the man cry for help multiple times in his eyes. He panted as he tried to use his paralyzed fingers to call 911.

Sweat dripped along his face while he tried to do something so simple such as typing into a phone. Knowing it was too late, Stiles clenched his eyes shut so he was unable to see the destruction of Steve before his eyes. There was a loud thud , making Stiles open his eyes and when he did so he was met with a screech from the unknown creature, looking at him with its yellow snake like eyes.

To Stiles, he recognized the look it gave him. Like it had recognized him. Like the creature knew him personally.