Chapter Sixty Eight- Friends

Courtesy of the stranger, Rosie had now had quite a few shots which had traveled down her throat in such a short space of time. He had told her that, although he found her attractive, the bartender was much more his type, therefore answering the question as to why he was there tonight. The man found a guy he thought was cute and bid Rosie a goodby through a kind kiss on the cheek, which Stiles was not happy about.

When Rosie left that side of the bar, she walked over to Scott and Stiles, who had only just finished their cokes and were watching Danny dance amongst the crowd. Facing the two, she saw Scott was wearing a smile with a small blush creeping up on his cheeks which must have mirrored her own face.

"You too, huh?" Rosie asked him while maneuvering to stand in the only vacant space In the crowded space, which was beside Stiles. He moved an inch away from her, as if they were In pre-school and she had cooties.

"So, that guy? Seems like you really hit it off." He spoke sarcastically and even though Rosie was rather tipsy, she knew he was both jealous and annoyed.

"I think you're more his type than I am." She shouted over the music with a smile on her face, completely forgetting as to why they were here in the first place.

"Oh." Stiles simply said as he suddenly regretted the violent thoughts he created in his head about what he would do to the strange man, but then again no one could hear them. "Found Danny by the way."

Scott had lost the blush on his cheeks as he was looking up onto the ceiling at something in particular, blocking out everything else around him.

"I found Jackson." Both Rosie and Stiles followed Scotts direction as they too saw Jackson crawling upside down on the ceiling. "Take Rosie and get Danny."

"Hey, what are you gonna do?" Rosie asked, insulted that her brother didn't want her involved but as he snatched his claws out, she was fine with walking away. additionally, everything around her was becoming fuzzy as the drink got to her more and more. "Works for me."

Although she agreed to go off to find Danny, within seconds after Scott walking away she stayed stationary in the same place she had been, like she had forgotten. Stiles had begun to walk away but as he looked back naturally, he found the girl was not following him.

Walking back up to her, he placed his hand in hers as he moved her to follow. Behind him, Rosie began to find the whole situation rather funny but kept getting waves of guilt as she regretted drinking on a mission.

"Danny!" Over the music, Stiles tried to gain the attention of their friend who was caught up in said music and dancing with another attractive man.

He repeated himself as he continued to pull Rosie through the gaps in the crowded room, holding his hand tighter around hers. The smoke machine from up above started fogging the area, making it harder for Stiles, or Rosie, to find Danny. As he expected the Kanima to show up amidst the smoke, Stiles stopped dragging Rosie and pulled her close to him, as if protecting her.

"Thought you hated me." She slurred as Stiles constantly whipped his head round, trying to see through the mist created.

"What- i don't-" His words were cut off by the screams coming from behind them in the smoke. After looking at her once more, Stiles pulled Rosie to see what the screaming was about.

They saw bodies lying idly on the floor, unable to move and they then knew that the Kanima had hit. People continued to scream as they found more bodies lying on the floor, and SCott evacuated trying to find Jackson whereas Rosie and Stiles were still inside, their hands still intertwined.