Chapter 55- Kanima

Scott watched as Isaac carried his sister over to him, not knowing she was involved tonight. No one said anything as they watched the two approach the group. A now unparalyzed Derek had gone to Erica, who had woken up once more, but still watched Isaac come to the rescue.

"What happened?" Her brother asked, wondering why she couldn't walk on her own.

"It got her." Stiles replied simply, guilt evidenced in his voice. Guilty for not believing her and now she was the creatures victim.

"What- what do you mean?"

"Scott, I'm fine. It just did the same to Derek as it did to me. Its coming back now." She flexed her fingers to show that, although they looked rigid, she could feel once more. Her eyes looked between Stiles and Scott who shared one of their famous silent conversations.

Once Isaac stopped, he didn't let her down onto the floor, he kept her in his arms. Because of this, Stiles felt uneasy that a member of Dereks pack, who had planned to kill Rosie, was holding her.

"I can take her now." He offered, his skinny wet arms out in front of him.

"Nah, I've got her." Isaac replied after looking at the feeble arms he would be placing Rosie in. This only irritated Stiles.

"I don't think that's what she wants though, so you can give her to me now." Walking closer to Isaac, Stiles looked up at him and narrowed his eyes, not even looking at Rosie. "Especially since you lot were planning on killing her without no evidential proof that she was in fact the creature."

"Stiles." Scott warned his best friend, knowing full well that Isaac could take him if a brawl started.

"Listen to your friend, Stiles." The werewolf replied with a small smile etched onto his face. Stiles began to reply something witty but was interrupted before he could get a full word out.

"Isaacs got me." Rosie replied, pulling her fuzzy feeling arms around Isaacs neck, giving her more stability. To this, Isaac gave a small smug laugh to the shocked and saddened Stiles, who stood in front of him, before walking past him out of the door with Rosie as she said something lowly. "Unlike you."

"What was that?"

"Oh nothing, it wasn't to you really." She replied as Isaac exited the school and walked down to the car park. Looking back, she saw the others were following her, Scott and Stiles at the back looking at something. Stiles' eyes kept looking up at Rosie, filled with guilt and jealousy. "You can let me down now, I can feel my legs. I think."

"Ill let you down when you are in safe hands. Until then you will stay in mine." Smiling down at her, Isaac waited at the bottom for the rest of his pack to join them, including Scott and Stiles.

"How are we supposed to figure out what this is?" Scott asked Stiles, while looking at a copy of the bestiary on his phone. "Or what Rosie is for that matter."

"Its called the Kanima." Derek intruded their small conversation.

"You knew the whole time?" All of his emotions had got to Stiles so he began snapping at everything and became easily irritated.

"No only when it was confused by its own reflection."

"It doesn't know what it is." Isaac joined in and Rosie felt his voice vibrate against her body as he spoke.

"Or who."

"Well what else do you know?" Stiles asked through gritted teeth at Derek but was looking at Isaac.

"Just stories. Rumors." He replied bluntly, although he had more knowledge of what a kanima is than the rest of them.

"But its like us?"

"A shapeshifter, yes. But its not right... Its like a..." Derek tried but could not find the right word to describe it, so he trailed off his sentence.

"An abomination." Stiles said, after hearing the nickname people had for the player on the opposing team which rattled everyone to the ground in the lacrosse game. Nodding, Derek, for once, agreed with Stiles' choice of word.

Each of the group looked at each other in silence for a moment. You could almost hear the sound of the abundance of rushing thoughts which raced through each of their minds about this situation and supernatural being.

"Isaac, put her in the car safely. We need to go." The alpha commanded his beta, who hesitantly opened Stiles' jeep, with the keys he was given, and placed her in. He smiled a goodbye to which she mirrored before he began walking away with his pack, Erica and Derek.

Scott stopped them by saying Dereks name, but Stiles didn't stay to watch, he moved to his jeep to check on Rosie. Isaac had placed her in the passenger seat, laying her onto it comfortably. When he opened the door, she had her legs up to her chest, hugging them, with a disappointed look on her face.

"Hey, are you okay? Can you feel now? If I flicked you here can you feel it?" He attempted to jokingly begin his first proper conversation with her after tonights events but she didn't reciprocate or appreciate this idea as she didn't reply. "Look, I said I'm sorry. You don't know how guilty I feel. You know I would never want to hurt you. Mentally or physically. Right?"

She looked at him up and down before looking blankly forward, not wanting to see that look on his face anymore. Her famous emotionless look was worn once more, as if all emotion was stripped away from her.

"Please talk to me." He pleaded and even attempted to grab her hand, to which she instantly moved them away. Unlike he expected, her eyes were not glazed over like she was upset or extremely angry. It was nothing. "Please."

"I want to go home."

"Okay, okay. We are gonna get you home. Scott- Scotts just coming. He came in your mums car so we will meet him there and we can talk this out okay?" His speech was rapid and came flying out of his mouth, panicking he had gone too far this time.

"Not with you." Struggling, Rosie pulled herself out of the jeep, pushing past Stiles, and walked slowly towards her mother car. With having numb legs it was as if she was walking for the first time.

"Rosie, you need to take it easy." Stiles said, walking by her side, hands out in case she fell. She dismissed his hands and pushed them away from her. "Im just trying to help."

"Help?" Stopping, she turned around to face him for the first time in a while. "Help who? Because its definitely not me. If you wanted to help, you would have either told me what you were thinking or helped me in investigating what I am instead of assuming."

Scott had finished his heated conversation with Derek and had joined them by his mums car. He had joined mid conversation but already knew what was happening through Rosies words.

"You've had a scary and stressful night, come on. We will go home now." Her brother tried to speak to her nice and calmly to ease her anger but his hypocrisy annoyed her more. "Come on, you need some rest."

"No. You do not get to patronize me. That's all you do. You think sleep would change everything. I know what you two thought of me. You two thought I was a mass murderer. Scott, you're my brother." Now there was tears evidenced in her eyes as she began to breakdown and well up. "Out of everyone, you know me best. Did you really think I was capable of that?"

He didn't answer. Instead he shut his eyes tightly. Shutting out the truth he had to face which stood in front of him, in the shape of his own sister.