Chapter Sixty Nine- What If

Successfully, they exceeded Scotts expectations and was able to achieve getting the car. They had Rosie go into the station while the two boys snuck the car out with no hassle. The stolen car was driven by Scott and kept in the shadows, down dark roads and country roads, anything to stay away from actual police. In the end, the group decided to take him to where it all started which was the woods.

To make it safe, and fair, they also decided to take shifts. One would sleep In the jeep while the others kept watch for any cops or if Jackson awoke from his rather long slumber. First to sleep was Rosie, leaving the awkward shift with Stiles for a later time.

The cold air was biting at the boys' faces but they endured it for the cause. Moon light was their only source of sight as too much light could possibly attract someone over.

"Do you think Lydia ever liked me?" Asked Stiles from his seat on the front of the jeep, speaking to Scott who sat on the back of the cop car.

"How would i know? I didn't talk to her back then. Why'd you ask?"

"Well I...i don't know." His hands clasped together as he sighed, saying it out loud was more crazy than it was in his head.

"Man, if you're losing hope-"

"What is there to hope for anymore? To be friends again?" Shaking his head, Stiles spoke with pure passion In his voice, even more than he did when he spoke of things like Star Wars or Harry Potter. "I don't want that."

"So you're giving up on her." The way he said it, it showed how much he cared for his family and to what extent he would put her before Stiles.

"She ended things with me."

"That doesn't mean things are done forever." He tried to soothe his best friend, make him see the light at the end of the tunnel but he wasn't having it. "Ive seen the way she looks at you, how she acts around you-"

"What about the way she acts around Isaac?" Questioned Stiles, interrupting Scott trying to make him see what he sees.

"Is that what you think of her? That now you two are done for minutes and then shes onto the next guy. After all these years, that's what you learnt?"

"Scott, don't be like that-"

"No, you know what? I will be like that. Its not even been a week and this is how you're feeling?" Scott calmed himself down as he saw sorrow in Stiles' eyes. "Look, its gonna take time okay? Shes been through a lot, we all have. Give it time."

"I waited so long to tell her how I felt, I don't know how much more waiting I have left in me. I know she's your sister, but this is not how i wanted things to be between us. Maybe its meant to be."

"Its not like that." Defending her as she weren't there to do it herself, Scott shook his head.

"How is it like then?" No response as Scott could not conjure up the right words or describe to him what he saw without making him live it himself. "Maybe shes the 'what if' in my lifetime."

"What?" The word was foreign to the werewolf, not in his vocabulary.

"You know, everyone has one." Turning to look at Scott in the eyes, Stiles explained. "Could be a childhood crush, a holiday romance. Something which never accounts to deserve a label. Something which never succeeds but was good in the moment."

"Stiles, sometimes i hate you." The boy adjacent to him chuckled. "But you're so blind sometimes that its funny-"

"I told her I loved her." Interjecting, Stiles thought it was time Scott finally knew the truth about what happened that night, and not the version Stiles wanted him to know. "I told her I loved her and she still left."