Chapter Ninety- Departures

The first day of summer break, a break which was supposed to be filled with happiness, though it started with rain. Everything was over, yet it wasn't a happy ending for any of them. Scott and Stiles sat in Scotts room, an awkward silence lingering over them as neither wanted to share what happened after last night, for it was too hard to admit out loud.

After they saw Jackson become a werewolf, Allison and Scott left together, though it wouldn't be that way for long. She broke up with him though he only ever showed her love and gave her protection.

On the other side of the room, Stiles was thinking about last night, wondering if it was the right thing to do. He knew that keeping her was being selfish, it was only putting her into more danger. Stiles was the Sheriffs son, he was born into it, and he had the chance to take Rosie out of it, which he took.

Now both boys, who both had half of their heart with another, sat like they always do in Scotts room, though Rosie wasn't with them. Being with the boy who had just dumped her wasn't on Rosies agenda for the first day of summer break, and neither was staying in Beacon Hills.

Though she told no one other than her mother, Rosie took Allison up on her offer to come with her and her father to France, learning more about her heritage. Rosie couldn't hack seeing Stiles everyday for the summer, knowing he was the reason she couldn't trust what anyone says anymore.

"Allison broke up with me."

"I broke up with Rosie."

They spoke at the same time, knowing the silence was deafening and unlike them. Both of them were dying to say something and when they did, they reacted shocked at each outburst.

"You go first." Stiles said, taking initiative and not wanting another jinx moment where neither of them could say anything.

"Allison broke up with me." Scott sounded solemn, saddened by his break from the girl he loved. "After last night, she couldn't take it anymore, I guess. So, she ended things. That's that. What about you? What happened?"

"That's shit man. Im sorry about that." He replied, not including the answer to Scotts question, like he was avoiding it. Stiles got up and began to walk out the room, leaving Scott. "Ive gotta go-"

"Stiles!" His voice raised as he stopped Stiles from leaving. "Just tell me what happened? Im not going to hurt you because you ended things with my sister. Its your relationship. Just tell me what happened. Please. Look, Im here for you as your best friend, okay?"

Stiles sighed and turned around, facing Scott once more, not knowing whether it was true that he wouldn't be attacked. He readied himself as he repeated in his mind that he did this for her, for Rosie, so she would be away from any danger.

"Everything that happened to her was because of me, so I took that chance away. I removed myself from the situation so she wouldn't be near any danger. Near the brink of death again." Again, Stiles couldn't see past his own guilt, blaming himself for every mishap, like it was his own fault.

"But its not your fault. I was bit, I'm the werewolf."

"I brought you out that night, both of you. You wouldn't have been bit if it weren't for me and my nosy nature." He sat on Scotts bed, his fingers beating a heartbeat against his other hand. "I want her to be safe, to have everything shes ever wanted in life, but that cant happen if I'm dragging her into situations where she gets hurt all the time. Im holding her back."