Chapter Seventy Nine- The Necklace

Constantly looking back In regret, Stiles exited the premises, followed by many teenagers his age. He walked towards his jeep, looking around for anyone to see if the person controlling Jackson was there, but he only found Derek, standing on the other side of the magic dust he had laid out.

"Hey! Um... So we kind of lost Jackson inside but its..." He stopped when he saw Isaac, Erica and Rosie step out of the building, stopping at the line of black dust. "Oh, my God! Its working. Oh, this is... Yes, i did something."

Rosie stood behind Isaac and Erica, watching Stiles and feeling immensely proud of him, knowing it meant a lot. All she wanted to do was congratulate him but yet, like usual, something was standing in the way. From a distance, a loud growl was heard by each of the werewolves and even Rosie, who looked straight at Derek for answers.

"Scott." He said, making those who heard, everyone but Stiles, aware that Scott needed help.

"What?"

"Break it." Derek commanded, making Stiles step back and become defensive over his hard work.

"What? No way."

"Scotts dying!" Both Stiles and Rosies eyes widened. Now, all she wanted to do was help him but yet she didn't know how or where his growl was coming from.

"Okay, what? How do you know that?"

"Oh, my God! Stiles, I just know! Break it!" The alpha fumed at the boy, making him immediately bend down and break the line, allowing Derek to get inside. Rosie started running after him, going to help save her brother, but once Derek noticed, he stopped. "No, I will get your brother, you need to stay away."

She obeyed and walked back out into the alley behind the building, where Stiles, Erica and Isaac were. As she walked out, she saw Stiles looking bitter down at the broken line, perceiving another thing he failed at.

"Hey, Rosie!" Isaac called out to her, making her head turn to him, Stiles' too. "Did you need a ride home?"

Before answering, she looked back at Stiles, seeing him staring right back at her, waiting for the inevitable crushing feeling he would have when she answered. "No, I want to wait for Scott, thanks though."

He nodded and then walked off, beside Erica as they left the alley behind the building deserted with only two solemn souls with words climbing up their throats. One thick and coated with doubt, the other had hate controlling him.

"Is that how its gonna be now?" Stiles asked, not even a second after Isaac was out of sight, showing his resentment in his voice.

"What do you mean?" Her voice was calm yet worried at the same time. Here she stood, outside a building where her brother may have been dying yet she was unable to help him.

"You two, right in front of my face." The vindictive tone in Stiles' voice only irritated her, a route she didn't want to go right now. "If it is, id rather you just tell me so I can distance myself from now on."

"Its not like that." Once again, she had to explain herself to Stiles, who was blind to the truth she was constantly trying to tell him, time and time again. "Why do you think every boy i speak to has a thing for me or i have a thing with them?"

"Well who wouldn't want to?" While tornadic, his half compliment didn't sound as nice if he had done while sober from the anger fueling his veins. "Ive seen the way they look at you. Matt and Isaac. So don't tell me theres nothing going on between you and them."

"How can I not when that's the truth? Whether or not they see me like that, I don't want anything with them. I don't know why I have to keep explaining myself to you. I don't even know why i bother."

"I tell you I loved you and this is your reply? " His fist collided with his jeep out of anger, provoked by his own overthinking. Rosie flinched from the malevolent action and bang from the collision. The light from the tampered street lamps reflected off his watered eyes. "I fell in love but it wasn't enough to make you stay."

Seeing her mouth open ready to say something but then close again, was enough for him to walk away, as if this was the only way to save himself, and her. If he walked away now, it had to be the end, no more uncertainty between them, he would have to depart from her life.

"You don't love me." Her voice croaked behind him, making him stop before he got into the jeep. "I heard the way you spoke about me that night in the woods. You fell in love with the feeling but you didn't fall in love with me. That Im just your teenage romance, your what if. You don't love me."

"You're only saying that because Isaac got you that stupid necklace."

A tear dropped down her cheek, opening a wound she tried so hard to keep closed. Watching him drag himself past the surface hurt, but yet she couldn't help believing that he was trying to find something to excuse his choice of letting go.

"I had a necklace exactly like this one about a year ago." Although her eyes were gasping for air amongst the lamenting pool of emotion, she spoke like she was telling a story to an innocent child, trying to calm them. "A birthstone necklace."

"So he has great memory, knowing your birthday isn't exactly hard." Stiles scoffed, sniffing his diluted anger tears away.

"My birthstone isn't topaz." He looked at her throughly now, noticing her serious tone was not altering to match his subdued one. Stiles was struck by unfamiliar emotions, not knowing where this was going or how it was going to end.

"I don't get it."

"You wouldn't because you're so stuck on the idea that it has some sort of hidden meaning for me and Isaac, but its completely different." Lifting her hand, she clutched the necklace in her hand, wistful.

He was speechless. His mind deceived him to believe that the necklace carried an unspoken arrangement with Rosie and Isaac yet he was so wrong. Stubborn as he is, Stiles couldn't believe that there was nothing going on between them as it was his way of excusing the way she left.

The phone in her pocket rang, interrupting their conversation which was painted with possibility. her eyes stayed on his as she answered, not even looking as to who it was, just hoping good news was on the end of it.

"Scott?" Her voice was rueful and almost cracked as she tried her hardest not to show to whoever was on the other end, that she was crying. However, it wasn't Scott who answered, and Stiles knew that from the way her face changed.

Over the many years the two had known each other, Stiles knew the answers to his questions through the way her face changed. Watching her face drop as another voice spoke on the end of the phone made him realize that Scott may not be okay as it wasn't him the other end. Yet, her large grateful sigh answered his unspoken questions for him.

"He's gonna be okay. They're taking him to Deaton. He inhaled a lot of wolfs bane." Using her fingers, she wiped away the dripping mascara and dark eyeshadow from under her eyes as she placed her phone back in her pocket.

Again, Stiles didn't reply, he didn't know what to say. Should he go back to the conversation before, so he could find out what the necklace meant to her or should he ask more about Scott? His silence though, was enough to make her look at him once more before she walked and sat on the stairs by the exit of the building.

Stiles watched her do so, and made him want to push into their conversation and attempt to see the light at the end of their tunnel. He walked to sit beside her, her head leaning on her hands, unaware he had sat beside her.

"Its not Isaacs birthstone is it?" Jokingly, Stiles attempted a chuckle in which she contently copied as she shook her head at him, seeing he was now beside her. As their combined laughs, consumed with sadness, died down, Rosie placed her head on Stiles' shoulder, making him lean right back on hers.

"Its your mothers."