Chapter 54- Ship Wreck

"Where'd it go?" Stiles spun around, panting in the water, still holding Derek up above the surface. "Where is it? Do you see it?"

"No."

"Okay, maybe it took off. Rosie we are coming to get you." The familiar screech of the hissing was then heard somewhere in the distance, resulting in each of them turning their heads to the direction.

"Maybe not." Rosie replied sarcastically while looking back at Stiles and Derek. "Im not sure you two noticed, but I cant be two places at once."

"Yeah I know. Im sorry I was wrong. I just- we don't know what you are and it was just a coincidence that you were bit but wasn't a werewolf and then this thing showed up." He watched Rosie roll her eyes and move her head to face the ceiling. "Look I'm sorry okay?"

"Yeah, I'm not really in the mood to accept it right now as I'm paralyzed at the side of the school swimming pool and unable to hit you."

"Will you two stop and get me out of here before I drown?" Derek interrupted their quarrel and turned the focus onto himself.

"You're worried about drowning? Did you notice the thing out there with multiple rows of razor sharp teeth? Which, by the way, is not Rosie. Also she is out there exposed to it and you're worried about drowning?"

"Did you notice that Im paralyzed from the neck down in eight feet of water or the fact that it stood over her and did nothing?" The floating alpha shot back at the teeny teenager holding his numb body.

"Okay." Stiles shot his head round in multiple directions in a small space of time, looking for the creature which had paralyzed the two out of the three. "I don't see it."

Once more, Stiles swam both of them across the pool and approached the space where Rosie was still lying. He splashed more water as he did so, getting all over Rosie but didn't notice that the thing had come back.

"Wait, wait, wait. Stop, stop." Derek shouted over the noise of the splashes as he saw the creature and its shadow pacing along the pool.

"Whats it waiting for?" Rosie asked with her head craned upwards so she was able to see it from the position she was in. It crawled towards the width of the pool and willingly put his clawed hand into the water but automatically brang it back out.

"Wait, did you see that? I don't think it can swim. It cant swim!" He exclaimed excitedly at the realization that he and Derek were safe from this creature with longer talons than a lion.

"Stiles." She cried, bringing him back to earth. "I'm not in the water."

"Shit. Okay I don't think I can do this anymore. We need to get out so we can protect Rosie."

"Who's gonna be doing the protecting, Stiles? I cant feel my body. How am I supposed to put it to use when protecting her?" Derek spat while laying his head back so he could inhale more water. He watched Stiles' eyes wander over to the phone laying beside Rosie on the poolside. "No, no ,no! Don't even think about it."

"Could you just trust me this once?" Water got into his mouth as he spoke, making the situation worse.

"No!" His voice bounced off the walls of the place and echoed around them, whilst Rosie tried to keep an eye on the beast, not taking notice of what the boys were talking about.

"Im the one keeping you alive, okay? Have you noticed that? Who says I cant do the same with her?"

"I say. And when the paralysis wears off, who's gonna be able to fight that thing, you or me?" The werewolf replied, panting more heavily while trying to keep himself afloat.

"That's why I've been holding you up for the past two hours?" Stiles exaggerated in his question, angering Derek more.

"You don't trust me, I don't trust you. But you need me to help her survive, which is why you're not letting me go." Their eyes locked as Stiles made an instinctive decision to drop Derek and move to the side to call for help or even assist Rosie in some way.

"Stiles what are you doing?" After hearing Derek almost scream, Rosie turned her attention to Stiles and Derek to see that one of their bodies was floating to the bottom of the pool, like an anchor.

"Getting help." The scaly creature too approached the side where Rosie lay and hisses as it did so, making Stiles stop and tread water once more. In an instant, Stiles speedily swam to the side and got their in time to do one of the twi things he wanted to do. He grabbed his phone.

Swimming back, he watched the clawed hand press onto Rosies chest as it stared back at Stiles but luckily she couldn't feel it. The only thing she felt was fear. Treading water, Stiles looked at Rosie who was looking back at him, scared for her life but nodded at him, indicating to get help.

When he was hovering over Derek, Stiles began dialing the phone to Scott, covering it in water hoping that it would still work. The sound of Scott answering the phone excited Stiles so he shouted his name through the phone.

"I cant talk right now." Scot replied, whispering through the other end of the phone before hanging up. Destroying their hopes of help coming. Stiles looked down and saw the werewolf lying at the bottom of the pool, like he was a ship wreck. He took in a large breath before diving down and bringing Derek back up.

After hitting the cusp of the water, both of them gasped and immediately, Stiles looked at Rosie. The creature was no longer pressing his claw onto her limp body and was nowhere to be seen. Her eyes caught his for a moment before she looked away, attempting to find the whereabouts of the creature.

"Tell me you got him." Finally Derek spoke after catching back the breath he had lost while being at the the bottom of the pool.

"What did he say?" Rosie asked, still not looking at them.

"He hung up on me."

Again, Stiles began looking for a resolution and found the diving boards in his eyes. Dragging Derek along with him, he swam to the other end of the pool and tried to latch his hand onto the pole underneath the diving board but slipped and fell underneath the surface.

Before Derek could pull the two of the down deep enough, they were both dragged out of the pool by a pair of strong arms. They were thrown onto the side of the pool and were then able to finally breathe properly. Looking up, the two saw that it was Scott who had pulled them out and saved them.

Scott had shifted and roared at the creature which now had shown himself once again. It jumped for him and they rolled around until they broke apart, both showing off their sharp intense teeth. The long tail got hold on Scotts ankle and threw him into the mirror behind him, shattering it in the process.

Getting back up, Scott grabbed the closest thing to him, which was a shard of the mirror, ready to protect himself from the unknown creature. But as it got nearer, it took one look at itself in the mirror and fled up the wall behind Scott.

"Scott, Rosie!" Stiles called out to his best friend, making him aware that his sister was lying paralyzed beside the pool. Before he could look at her, he heard a deep voice.

"I got her." Looking in the direction of the voice, each of them saw that Isaac had taken Rosie and picked her up, carrying her bridle style over to the group.