Chapter Thirty Eight- Riding Shotgun

Outside Harris' classroom, Rosie waited for Stiles' detention to finish. As she looked inside she saw Stiles resting his chin on his hand and in the window she saw how dark it had gotten. Taking her phone out, she messaged Stiles asking him to hurry up.

Once he saw the message he automatically looked to the window in the door and shrugged, while shaking his head. She saw him say something to Harris but couldn't understand what. Rosie took this opportunity to try once more at testing out the hearing part of being a werewolf.

Although she felt like she was focusing harder on the conversation going on in the room beside her, it didn't work. Her eyes were even closed so she didn't notice that Stiles standing at the other side of the door pulling a face to scare her once she opened her eyes. Which he did.

"What are you doing?" She asked as he opened the door and left Harris alone in his classroom, where he belongs.

"What am I doing? What are you doing?" Stiles smiled and pointed to her, who was in fact looking as if she was just asleep outside the classroom.

"I was trying to hear your conversation. You know, see if I was a werewolf. Try out the hearing."

"Oh right." He nodded and proceeding to lead both of them swiftly out of the corridor and to his jeep. "For a second there I thought you were asleep on the job."

"I would never do that." His neck craned backwards in disbelief. "I will surprise you Stiles Stilinski. But for now, call Allison. My phone died and she wanted to speak to you."

Stiles grabbed his phone and dialed the number to Allison, who picked up rather quickly. Rosie couldn't hear what Allison was saying but only heard Stiles' side of the conversation while she and Stiles walked towards the jeep.

"Hey sorry, Harris literally just let me out of detention and Rosie finished her tutoring. He had my phone the whole fricking time."

"Well we need to do something right now. They're asking me all these questions about Rosie and Lydia, and how they were bitten by Peter, and then they sent this guy out." Although Rosie could not hear what Allison had said, she knew that something was said about her because Stiles turned to look at her through the car window as they were either side.

"Wait, what guy?"

"He was dressed as a sheriffs deputy." Allison explained while Rosie still did not know what was going on.

"They're sending him to the station for Isaac."

Around the jeep, Rosie had walked closer to stiles, not interrupting the phone call, but so she could maybe hear the conversation on both sides. However she still could only hear Stiles. Especially after Stiles looked at a picture on his phone.

"Wolfsbane. It means they're gonna kill him." Stiles walked around the other side of the jeep and opened the passengers side door, waving his arm for Rosie to get in. She did but just looked at him confused as he closed the door and then got in his side of the car. "Okay, slow him down. Right. Bye."

He ended the call and then reversed out of his parking space, leaving Rosie with so many unanswered questions as he had yet to mention what was going on.

"Stiles what the hell is going on?" Impatiently, Rosie raised her voice above the engines rambling.

"Im taking you home. You'll be safe there." He said while aggressively pulling the gear stick.

"What, why am I not safe anywhere else?"

"They're onto you. Allisons father, Gerard. All of them. They think you and Lydia only survived the bite by turning." His eyes did not leave the road ahead of him. "They've sent someone out to get Isaac too. That's why I'm taking you home."

"No I'm going with you."

"No you're not."

"Yes I am. My house is the different direction of the Sheriff station. It would just slow you down. Stiles I'm going with you."

"But they're after you." Saddened and scared, Stiles tried to protect her.

"Let them. It's a full moon and we are going to a place where there will be two maybe three werewolves. Two betas, one alpha." She placed her hand on his shaky one on the wheel, easing his anxiety. "That guy is outnumbered."

Once again he got his phone out of his pocket to call Allison, this time he put it on speaker. The sound of the phone dialing cut the silence between Stiles and Rosie in half. They stopped and Allisons breathing was heard through the phone.

"Hey did you slow him down?"

"You could say that." She replied, sounding rather proud of herself.

"Okay, Pocahontas. Well we are headed to the station right now." Rosie leant over the centre of the jeep so she could, too, talk to Allison.

"Wheres Scott?"

"Isaacs." Stiles answered as Rosie was unaware of this information too.

"Does he have a plan?"

"Yeah but not a very good one. And unfortunately we don't have time to come up with anything better." He hung up the phone as he looked up at the full moon and then to Rosie beside him. "Do you feel anything?"

"Nothing. But whats the plan?" Rosie avoided the question and avoided eye contact with Stiles. Instead she too just stared at the full moon at the peak of the night sky.

"Rosie come on if anythings going on I need to know."

"Stiles, listen to me. I feel no different. A bit of anger and confusion but nothing different." Sternly she replied, still not looking at him.

"Why anger?"

"Well I don't know maybe because you didn't want to include me in this plan and were willing to take me home where I would have no help in protecting myself if that one guy did show up." Rosie finally turned her head to Stiles. "So whats the plan?"

"He is." The jeep slowed onto the side of the road where Derek was stood, hands in his jacket pocket with a stern look on his face. She opened the door and got out so Derek was able to get in, but he did not sit in the back like she had expected. Instead he sat in her seat in the front.

"Are you gonna move or what?"

"Shes coming with us?" Derek asked Stiles with a nasty tone in his voice. Once Stiles nodded he rolled his eyes and shuffled over so she could get in the back. "That's my only offer."

Huffing, Rosie did indeed get in the back and was given an apologetic look from Stiles as it was out of his hands. Stiles didn't start the car until Rosie was safely seated in the back. Once he did Derek began speaking again after taking a look at Rosie.

"So who's idea was it to bring a new werewolf on a full moon?"

"Shes not a werewolf." The driver defended before Rosie could do so herself. "But we don't know what she is."

"What do you mean shes not? She healed didn't she? And she survived the bite, how can she not be?" The alpha now turned around to look at her and examined her with his eyes. Thinking out loud he then said "You took the pain away from me, you heal quick... I don't get it."