Chapter 23 - The Lunch Club

---Hope this doesn't have too many spelling errors. I appreciate any comments, votes and shares. They help a lot. Thanks!---

---The slideshow isnt the best, but it'll have to do I suppose.---

"There are a few seats open in back Zeal." The teacher points. There were girls begging him to sit next to them. He chose the desk two seats to my right.

During lunch i found Cortney. She was sitting with her friends again. I was probably supposed to be in detention right about now but I still had to give Cortney her lunch.

"Harv, come join us!" Cortney shouted across the cafeteria. Her friends Emily, Remira, and Becka eagerly nodded their heads with huge smiles across their faces.

"Yeah come and join us Harvey." One of them repeated. I head over to their table and sit next to Cortney.

"Ah, that's right, i need to give you your lunch." I say realizing why i came. "Its not much but its been too long since I've brought you something."

"Yes! Thank you Harv, this is just what i need!" She says, without even knowing what I'm giving her. I dig though my backpack a little and pull out a container. I place it on the table and all of the girls' eyes looked at it with anticipation. Cortney opened it and squealed. It was only the mac n cheese from this morning.

"It was supposed to be for breakfast but i saw that you were already eating, so decided I'd give it to you for lunch." I explain. She stuck a fork through the noodles and stuffed them in her mouth. She moaned.

"I want to try some of that!" One of the girls begged.

"Me too!" They continued. They all began jabbing their forks in Cortney's lunch. She didn't mind though. They must be true friends if they share food.

"Oh my gosh this is so good!" Emily said in a perky voice.

"It is!" Becka agreed.

"Where did you get this Harvey?" Remina asked.

"Uh, well me and Mrs. Thornland made it." I respond shyly.

"Liam's Mom?!" They all shouted in unison. I nod.

"Talk about an unexpected duo." Becka says, in shock.

"How do you even know her? I thought Liam, like hated you or something." Emily asks.

"She liked the muffins i baked for Liam's party. I gave her the recipe and she invited me to dinner." I say, playing with my fingers.

"You made those muffins at the party?!" Emily shouts and gleems at me in expectence while the others gasped, including Lillian this time. I noticed she was pretty quiet.

"Y-yeah." I sigh out, still shy. I have no idea why they're being so dramatic. Maybe it was normal for them.

"You're just full of surprises Harv." Becka cheers.

"I guess I should apologize for calling you a faker then huh?" Lillian says sounding guilty. Cortney smirked at her, raising her eyebrows.

"I forgot, you were spending the night at Liam's house, right Harvey?" Cortney questions, changing the subject. I slightly nod.

"No way!" Remira squealed.

"What were you doing there?" Lillian questions.

"I got hit with a basketball, and the nurse was worried i had a chance of getting a concussion, so she said I'd have to have someone near me whenever possible. My parents are out of town so Liam offered." I shrug.

"Our little Harvey has a crush on Liam." Cortney says nudging me in the side.

"Wait, Harvey is... gay?" Emily says, sounding a little disappointed but mostly surprised.

"Oops, I'm sorry. I hope that wasn't a secret." Cortney says slapping her head in realization.

"Its okay." I assure her. Though i did feel it was better off them not knowing.

"So its true then?" Remira asks, tilting her head. I give a little nod with my head facing my lap.

"Aw, i was beginning to fall for you!" Emily says in defeat.

"Well at least he can be our friend without having all the drama right?" Cortney states.

"Yeah, you're right." They agreed.

"Y-You wanna be my friend?" I ask unsure.

"Yes, but you have to cook for us everyday." Becka jokingly demanded, making the others break into laughter. I just scratched my head. Cooking lunch for this many people would run down my kitchen, not to mention I'd be carrying an over sized bag to school everyday.

"Ah, sorry guys I gotta go. I'm supposed to be in detention." I say while standing from the table.

"Aw why are you in detention?" Emily and Cortney question.

"Cause I made a fool of another teacher. She couldn't handle the heat." I say jokingly. They laughed.

"Well see you Harvey." The girls say, waving.

Well that was very eventful.

I made my way to the classroom where detention was held. I opened the door, and quietly shut it behind me. The teacher there glared at me for being late. I gave him a weak smile and scratched my cheek. I looked around and saw two other people in the room. I looked at the person to the end of the class and it was Liam. He's on his phone. I wonder what he's doing here, he never gets in trouble. My heart rate sped up immensely when i began approaching him.

"H-hey Liam." I greet. He turns to face me, and looks surprised.

"Harvey, what are you doing here?" He asks sounding worried.

"I-I got detention for fixing one of the teachers math problems. She gave me some problems to solve after suspecting me of cheating. I noticed one was written wrong and so... I fixed it." I explain quietly.

"Ah, that sucks." He says with pity.

"I'm used to it. Anyway, m-may I ask what you're doing here?" 

"Oh, I just come here for peace every now and then." He says shrugging "The teachers allow it so there isn't much trouble." Of course they do...

"Anything interesting happen today?" Liam asks reverting his eyes back to his phone.

"Well, I made new friends I guess. Not that you're interested." I shrug.

"I am actually. For the longest time I've been pushing people away from you. You didn't deserve to be treated like that. I'm extremely sorry." He says now placing his eyes at mine. He wore a look of hurt. I guess he's being sincere. 

"It's fine, I got you as a friend in the end." I smile at him. His face turned a little red. I didn't quite know why though. He walked over to me and looked down at my face... almost like he wanted to kiss me. My cheeks turned a rosy color from the blood running through my face. His stare made my heart race.

"T-that's right. A new student transfered today." I remember, trying act natural.

"Oh yeah? What's their name?" He says still looking deep into my eyes.

"Zeal, Zeal Auffry I think." When i spoke his name all light in Liam's beautiful eyes suddenly vanished, the room turning cold, and the tension rising to dangerously high levels. Liam walked out of the room speaking not a single word. I tried calling after him but the teacher didn't take kindly. I couldn't run after him either cause my detention would only lengthen.