Chapter 5 - Puke Boy

—-This one may have some spelling errors in it but I've read it over like three or four times already so this is as close to perfect as I'm able to get without spending all day editting it. Please Vote for this, it would help me a lot, thanks!—-

After spending hours on the doctor's guitar, I check the clock and realize its dinner time. Just as i was finishing that though a nurse came in. She held a tray of soup and bread, with some veggies on the side.

"Here's your dinner." She says with a comforting smile on her face. She stood there awhile. I didn't know why, until i saw her looking at the doctor's guitar leaning on the side of my bed.

"Would that happen to be Dr. Allen's guitar?" She questions me before I'm able to ask her if somethings wrong.

"I-is that his name? The tall one with the brown hair?" I chuckle a bit, and she nods with a smile on her face.

"Yeah, he let me borrow it for a little while." I say before digging into the food the nurse brought.

"You must be pretty good if he left that with you." She says while chuckling. "He's always going around asking people to play it for him. Even patients it seems." She finishes with a look of pity on her face.

"He sure seems to think so." I say before continuing into my dinner.

"Do you play?" I say with a questioning look in my face.

"Eh, a bit" She says while shrugging. "Why? want me to play something for you?" She says sweetly.

"Sure, if its not too much trouble." I giggle. She lifted the guitar from its position and began playing. She's actually pretty good. Shes playing what sounds like a ballad. This was one of the best feelings I've had in awhile and that's kind of depressing seeing as how I'm in a hospital and everything.

The nurse left taking my tray with her. She was really sweet, i wish i had a friend like her. After awhile i fell asleep. The next day i didn't do much. I played a little guitar and chatted with the nurses and doctor. They gave me the bill for my stay at the hospital. It wasn't too pricey but money is never really an issue for my family so it wouldn't matter too much either way. My parents make a lot. Their job seems to be paying extremely well. After telling the doctors my situation how my parents won't be able to come and get me, they allow me to sign my own papers, and hand me a bottle of painkillers. Another day went by and today I'm being released.

After hading Dr. Allen his guitar, i call a cab to drive me home. Allen insisted on taking me, but i don't want to burden him anymore than i already have. Once I arrive at my house i slowly exit the car, making sure not to move too fast. My injuries haven't finished healing so i don't want to mess myself up. I make my way to the door after tipping the cab driver. I enter my home and see that everything is still in place, which makes me sigh in relief. I don't know how my parents would respond if someone broke in. School starts in an hour. Dr. Allen told me to take it easy but i just can't afford to miss another day of school. After getting my stuff i headed out.

I stood at the entrance for a minute, very worried at what might happen to me before heading in. Surly Liam and his friends will let me off, at least until my ribs heal. When i began heading towards my locker i felt many eyes on me as if they had lasers beaming from them. I heard people people laughing and whispering. One girl says "I heard he fell down some stairs, and refused to get treated." in a very annoying tone. I decided to just leave them alone like i usually do. I don't care about rumors anymore. They're never true and rarely make any sense. First period is about to begin so i head over to my locker and collect my stuff. I continue heading down the hall and run into guess who? Liam. He has his whole group at his side as usual.