Chapter 7 - Ignorance And Bliss

---I hope i did okay on this chapter. I don't want it to be full of spelling errors and repetative lines. By the way, I'd love it if you all voted. It would help me out a lot, thanks!---

-------------------------

I enter the cafeteria to wait for Cortney. After a few minutes she turns up at the door. I throw her a little wave and signal her to come over. She makes her way up to the table wearing a bright smile on her face.

"I heard what happened in your class." She say with her smile growing ever so wide.

"Oh gosh. News travels fast i suppose." I say while burying my face in my hands.

"They're saying you were acting all cool and stuff." She giggles. That's not quite what i was expecting but I'll gladly take it.

"Just what happened. Tell me all the details." She says bouncing in her seat.

"I... I got kinda fed up with Mr Halison and the students. I snapped and started talking like they were all fools. I... I was just tired of being treated like an idiot." I say groaning with my hands still at my face. While going more in detail i began taking out the lunch container. I sat it on the table in between me and Cortney.

"So you're also good at history?" She says as if giving up on being surprised. 

"Y-yeah, I'd say so..." I respond blandly while removing the lid from the lunch container. The smell filled the air with a powerful yet relaxing scent. That just seems to be making her want to dig in even more.

"W-what is this?!" She says needing an immediate answer.

"Its my take on the Chicken Tikka Masala." I answer quickly. She began digging in and after that first bite...

"Hooooollllyyyy S***!" She shouts extremely loud standing up. This sends me into hysteric laughter. We're receiving some weird looks, but i also notice some laughs mixed in as well.

"Lilly, c'mere!" She says shouting behind her while waving. I wonder who's she calling? A moment later i see a beautiful girl walking up to the table. She has long sleek black hair and she is dressed up quite nice.

"Hm, what is it Cort?" Her friend asks in confusion.

"You've gotta try this!" Corney replies almost growling. She takes another forkful from the dish and guides it into her friend's mouth.

"Oh wow, this is good!" She says as her eyes widen with bliss while placing a hand at her cheek. I began blushing.

"Cort, since when did you know how to cook?" She says completely ignoring my existence. That hurts... but I'm used to this kind of treatment by now. 

"Little Harv over here made it, not me." Cortney shakes her head while explaining. Her friend now staring at me with her eyes widened in shock.

"Puke boy made this?" She replies doubting Cortney's words. I mentally facepalm at that nickname.

"Yeah! You like?" She says beaming at her friend.

"Look,i know you're just trying to make him friends but you don't have to lie to try an make him look good. But seriously, you've got to tell me where i can buy this." She says with pity in her voice. Hearing that i shoot up from my seat, which scares a few people including Cortney and her rude friend. I walk right out of the cafeteria. I continue walking until I'm outside of the school. I just sit there with my head to my knees. After sitting there a moment i felt a hand on my shoulder. I look up and of course its Cortney. 

"I'm really sorry about that. Lillian can be rude, ignorant and stubborn, but she's a good person when you get to know her." She says sadly. And begins massaging my shoulders. Trying to take away some of my tenseness. Its definitely working.

"Anyway, why do all my friends call you puke boy?" She asks.

"You really don't know? I'm surprised no one told you." I say shocked. She just shakes her head.

"W-well..." I sigh. "The day they broke my ribs, L-Liam and his gang, i was having a panic attack. I got very nauseous and it got harder to hold back with every kick they gave to my stomach. After awhile i couldn't hold it back anymore, i puked while paralyzed on the floor. I had to lay in my own vomit for awhile while people just passed me and laughed. After that people began calling me puke boy." I say feeling tears welling up in my eyes. I look over to her and see that she's almost crying as well. 

"L-Liam is having a small party on Friday after school. I told him I wouldn't be coming unless i can bring you with me. He agreed to letting you come, though he didn't seem all too happy, but honestly, after hearing all of this i don't know if i can even face him without trying to rip his nose from his face." She says chuckling while sniffing.

"P-party? a-and I'm invited?" I began wiping the tears that exited my eyes.

"Yeah, b-but i know you probably don't want to go, I mean if i were you i wouldn't either." She says looking disappointed. I don't want to be the damper on her fun, especially since she's my only friend. I don't want to eventually lose her cause I'm a killjoy.

"I-I'm not much a party person, b-but if it means you'll have fun I'll gratefully go!" I say now holding both of her hands with a reassuring smile on my face. 

"I couldn't ask that of you." She says still looking disappointed.

"You don't have to. I'm telling you i want to!" I mimic her words from earlier. She looks up at me and giggles. I pull her into a hug.

"Thanks for caring about me." I say with my head on her shoulder.

"Of course Harv." She replies now breaking the hug.

"I have a question... If you have so many friends why eat lunch with me?" I ask her.

"Cause you're my favorite, and the food is amazing." She says smiling. I just sit there and pout at her.

"No but seriously you need me more than they need me so its an obvious decision." She says now standing up.

"Thanks again Cortney..." I say in a relaxed voice. The bell rang and before i knew it the day was over.