Chapter 34 - The Royal Dinner

---Thank you to anyone who Reads, Votes, Shares or Comments. It makes my day! ---

After we calmed our excessive laughter, we sat on a stone wall next to the sidewalk.

"Well that was fun." Gale said grinning widely.

"Totally!" I chuckled.

"Dude your soccer skills are pro!" He praised with excitement. 

"T-Thanks." I fluster, shyly rubbing my head. A little while later he stood from the wall, stretching a hand in my direction. He helped me stand from the short wall. He was being surprisingly friendly. It made me happy.

"Alright, well I should be heading home." He announced, stretching his arms to the air. I was about to wave him off but remembered something.

"Shoot, I think I left my groceries at your place." I say in shock.

"Oh, I didn't know you had brought those." He responded shrugging. "Whatever. Lets get going then."

We walked down the street towards his house. The sun had progressed in the sky quite a bit already. We spent over four hours together today. It was a lot of fun hanging out with him. I couldn't have imagined things would turn out this way.

"T-thanks for today..." I say looking up to Gale, whom is walking beside me.  He raised a brow. "You uh, comforted me through my little episode, and bought ice cream when you didn't have to."

"I've never done anything like this before." I add. He looked at me, with pain showing in his eyes.

"I suppose that's partially my fault." He sighed.

"No! I didn't... mean it like that..." Though I suppose he had a point. Everyone avoided me like the plague cause of Liam and his friends.

"I had a ton of fun. It felt as if I was hanging out with a... a friend." I blurt out. The air went silent.

"L-Look, can we start over?" He asks a bit embarrassed. "I know I have no right asking this, but I'm truly sorry for what I did to you. I was being ignorant..."

"It's okay. I forgive you, as long as you don't kick meals out of my body." I tease. He chuckled but was still showing pain.

"Like, can we be friends, or something?" He asked with his embarrassment growing. He was quite nervous. My eyes lit up.

"Y-Yeah! That would be great!" I accept cheerfully, surprised by his question. I didn't expect him to be the one who asked. A smile quickly grew across his face.

We continued down the street to his house. We made it to the wonderful Knightstorm yard, and up the steps. Gale walked through the front door, motioning me in.

"Oh, Gale, you're back!" Clare spots him walking in. 

"Oh, and your little 'acquaintance' too." She puts quotes on acquaintance.

"Friend." Gale corrects, looking back at me with a smile.

"Gale!" Clare shouted in frustration. "Make up your mind already!"

We both burst into laughter at her response.

"Ah, I just came to collect my groceries." I say wiping a tear from my eye.

"Why don't you stay for dinner?" Clare suggests. I had no objections, I wasn't sure if Gale felt the same though so I shot him a questioning look.

"Yeah that would be cool." Gale says simply.