Chapter 38 - Brutal Mastermind

--- I was waiting to do the whole point of view thing until the last chapter but it seemed like it would work better ealier on, for this chapter. Thank you to anyone who Reads, Votes, Shares or Comments. It makes my day! ---

The ball was now back in play. I was having trouble keeping up with Zeal's team. Alen and Gale would have to play on the offensive, while I guard Luke and the goal. They were making their way to the goal and had the ball stolen from them. The guys from the opposing team made their way to our goal. I tried to fend them off until Alen and Gale could reach us, but unfortunately I was useless. They easily swept past me and scored a goal on Luke. They now had three.

Several points went on like this, until the game was tied eleven to eleven. Gale looked frustrated, Alen, Luke, and I were exhausted. Zeal on the other hand was looking energized and smug.

"We were so close!" Alen complained, pulling his hair. I noticed he would often get distracted by his crush. I couldn't blame him though, I would have probably done the same thing if it were Liam.

"I'm so sick of that bastard. I wont lose here." Gale said, with his anger growing.

"I-Its okay Gale." I try to calm him.

"It isn't. If we don't put that jerk down he'll be more trouble later. Not to mention, if we lose here you and Liam's freedom will also be taken." Gale lectured. I agree, I can't give up now. I would just have to completely ignore the pain shooting through my leg.

When the next ball was in motion me and Gale shut out all distractions, focusing on the goal. Zeal looked at me like I was an idiot when I came to the front lines. I narrowed my eyes and stomped through the grass, sucking up the pain. The captain had control of the ball at the moment, so I targeted him. I charged his way and smashed the ball from under his feet. I struck it cross field to Gale. Alen's crush blocked the entrance to the goal, while Zeal was an extra protective layer. This would not stop me from claiming victory. I darted to the goal and gave Gale a sign to kick it. He knew what I had in mind cause it was something we used against those guys at the park. Gale kicked the ball into the goal pole. The ball bounced into the air, going past Zeal and his teammate. I was already in position to receive it. I smashed the ball into the goal using my head.

Everything went silent. Luke and Alen cheered across the field, Gale soon followed behind. Its over, Liam is finally free. I can now rest easy. The crowd went wild, cheering for the crazy match. Zeal's teammates looked dumbfounded that some random kids from the school beat their best players. They didn't move a single step, they looked to the crowd like they didn't know what had happened. Zeal had his eyes wide open with his lips parted.

I limped over to Gale and gave him a hug. He looked a bit weirded out at first be quickly adjusted to it. He hugged me back. I was super excited to win. That had to have been the toughest thing I'd done. It was well worth it though, even if Liam doesn't really have feelings for me, I'll still be satisfied knowing he's okay. Alen and Luke ran over hand we had a group hug. After a moment we all broke away.

"NOOOOOOOO!" Zeal shouted, silencing everyone. He pranced over to me and lifted me by the collar. He held me like that for a second before realizing what he was doing. He quickly let go.

"Just kidding!" He lied, innocently rubbing his head. This time it didn't work as well. half of the crowd was weirded out by his actions. Zeal looked panicked. He made his way over to his teammates and began chatting with them, probably scolding them for losing to us. Everyone started leaving the bleachers and heading home since the match was over. Alen and Luke wrapped my arms around their neck and helped me walk into the locker room. I dress myself as fast as I can, without hurting my leg.