Chapter 53 - Beginnings

---Don't play the song until it says so in the story for the added effect. Thank you to anyone who Reads, Votes, Shares or Comments. It makes my day!---

I saw my father walk out of the back room of the house.

"What's up champ?" He asked with a goofy smile. For some reason they seemed like they were actually here, and not distant like they usually are.

"Hey dad." I greet shyly. I haven't seen them in so long, it felt kind of odd being around them.

"Crap man, what happened to your leg?" He asks noticing the cast.

"I-I sprained it, but its almost healed." I assure him.

"Well, a-alright then." He looked at me worried.

"Have you seen my guitar by any chance?" He asks looking puzzled.

"O-Oh... right I-I borrowed it for awhile." I speak scanning the room for it. I spotted it leaned up against the end table near the entrance to the house. I picked it up and was about to hand it to him.

"You still play?" He asked smirking. I nod slightly.

"I thought you would've given up on that thing." He continued. My mom came from the other room, looking through her purse.

"Babe, have you seen the keys to the door?" She asked not removing her eyes from the bag.

"Play us something." He spoke as lifted his head. He reached into his pocket and held a some keys out to her. She took the keys and turned her head to me, looking a little confused. 

"Y-you want me to play a song?" I ask nervously. He nodded and my mom smiled. They waited for a performance.

(Play the song).

I readied the guitar and began plucking the strings. The song I chose was very special to me. I would usually sing it when I was lonely, It reminded me of Liam and my parents.

My parents looked shocked as my fingers worked their way around the strings of the guitar. I finished the song, slowly looking up to them wearing a sheepish smile.

"Its a good thing you didn't give up on guitar cause you're damn good kid." He speaks still shock. My mom's look changed from shock to joy as she grew a big grin on her face. I shyly rubbed the back of my head. I was happy to be receiving some attention from my parents, It made me feel slightly worth it. My fathers stomach suddenly growled breaking the moment and making my mother giggle.

"Let's go find a place to eat." He spoke to her. She nodded.

"I... I can make you guys something to eat." I say twiddling my fingers "Unless you'd r-rather be alone." I add quickly, realizing they might want to be by themselves 

"Y-you cook?" My father asked, a little nervous. I nodded beaming a smile.

"That would be lovely." My mom said, with my father nodding in agreement. For some reason they decided to sit and watch me cook. As I worked in the kitchen they bickered between each other like typical teens. I was extremely motivated in the kitchen knowing my parents were going to be eating my food, something I dreamt for so long. So for this occasion I made my special spaghetti. I plated the meal for us and sat next to them on the open stool. They eyed the dish for awhile.

"It looks good." My father said hesitantly going in for a taste. My mother followed behind. He chewed it for a moment then turned his head to look at me, he had an odd look on his face.