Chapter 39 - Knight In Hiding Armor

---Thank you to anyone who Reads, Votes, Shares or Comments. It makes my day! ---

Liam's POV

Something wasn't right. Harvey hadn't left the school. I had wanted to talk to him so I waited outside. Cortney drove off without him, so I thought maybe he would walk home today. After waiting an absurd amount of time I went into the school to spot Zeal leaving, with the girl who had confessed to me. Something was definitely going on. I ran around the building looking for Harvey. I decided to check behind the school and as I ran through the hall I spotted... him, limping and swaying.

"Harvey?" I call calmly, with my heart racing.

"HARVEY?!" I call again, only this time not as calm. I ran towards him and wrapped him in my arms. He was bleeding, and even left a trail behind him. He was also soaking wet from the rain. His shirt and shorts stuck to his body, showing his small complextion. He groaned quietly in my arms, he looked very sleepy. I heard he put up a fight for the last match and ended up winning. I hope he wasn't doing this for the reason I thought. It appears Zeal hurt him pretty bad. This was exactly what I was trying to avoid. It seems Zeal doesn't plan on holding back on him anymore. 

Harvey's breath grew soft. He rested his head in my chest. He looked so cute, now wasn't the time to think about that though. I needed to get him to a hospital. I took off my over shirt to wrap around his wounds. I didn't spot them when I rushed to his side, so I leaned him over to search his body. I looked at his legs and saw a bunch of gashes in his pale, delicate skin. My heart stopped for a moment. He had holes trailing from his tight to his ankle, his calf was already wrapped though. I would beat the s*** out of Zeal if he didn't have so much authority. That son of a b**** needs to be hit by a car, with something equally to or larger in size. 

I quickly tie my shirt around Harvey's thigh, to stop the bleeding, and slowly lift him from the ground cradling him in my arms. He was so strong yet so delicate, that's what I like about him. I made my way to the driveway as fast as I could without shaking Harvey too much, he need to rest. I place him in the passenger seat of my car and buckle him up. I ran over to the drives side and got in while starting the car. I pulled out of the parking lot and turned on the low beam headlights of my car. The sun had set, leaving the cloudy sky dark and gloomy. It was still only around six pm. As I drove in the direction of the hospital I kept glancing over at the sleeping Harvey. He looked so adorable, I just wanted to kiss him, that would have to wait though. As I had my eyes on him I heard my name spoken through his lips, I would've called back but noticed he was still asleep. He repeated my name, slow and soft. I think... I think I was blushing, I just wanted hold him in my arms.

We arrived at the hospital, and I carried still sleeping Harvey inside. I called for a nurse and he was quickly taken to a room. I sat at one of the waiting benches hoping he'd be okay. As I sat, waiting I remembered what I'd done to Harvey in the past. It could have been this bad, maybe even worse, and he still chose to forgive me and my friends. My heart ached at these thoughts.

I noticed I'd began to develop feelings for him, sometime earlier this year. I watched him sit at his table in the cafeteria alone, he always looked so lonely, but he always stayed strong. He was quiet and didn't speak with anyone unless absolutely necessary. Everyone avoided him cause he was my punching bag. It hurt me even more when I found out he loved me. I took my anger out on him for such a dumb reason. The more I compare him to Zeal the more I feel they are farther apart. I wanted to apologize to him endlessly, but I know he's already forgiven me.  

Sometime later the nurse told me I could head in.

Harvey's POV