Chapter 36 - Hostile Dining

---Don't play the song until it says so in the story for the added effect. Thank you to anyone who Reads, Votes, Shares or Comments. It makes my day! ---

---Picture of Luke--- 

We scuffled down the stairs, and head towards the backyard.

"Why don't you stay for dinner?" Their father said, suddenly coming from the front door.

"I-If that's okay with your wife." I replied, happy to get another dinner offer.

"No, you're staying either way." Cortney ordered.

"It doesn't matter what Debra thinks." He said. "She'll come around."

"Thank you sir." I said giving a little bow.

"Harry." He said reaching his hand. I shook it.

"Harvey." I announce. He smiled at my name.

"I have a brother named Harvey." He said grinning, before walking away into the kitchen.

Luke and Cortney smiled at me and continued to the backyard. When we got there I was amazed. It was a beautiful, open area that had street lights placed around the edges, illuminating the grass and plants in bright yellow and blue glow.

"This'll be my third time eating at someone else's home." I reveal, watching Luke get the ball.

"Really? Who was your first?" Cortney asked.

"Liam's." I answer.

"Oh, that's right." She says, remembering the conversation at school. "What about the second?"

"It was Gale's actually." I say, thinking back to yesterday.

"Holy s***!" She shouted in a hushed voice. "Knightstorm?"

"What about the Knightstorms?" Luke approached narrowing his eyes, overhearing the last part of out conversation.

"Harv just said he ate dinner with the Knightstorms!" Cortney tells in shock. The same look made its way on Luke after hearing what she said.

"W-When did this happen?" Luke asked in disbelief.

"Yesterday." I reply.

"Explain everything from the start!" Cortney squealed, motioning Luke to throw the ball her way. 

"Well... I needed three people on my team for tomorrow's match. The only other person I could think of to ask was Gale. A couple of days ago I saw his mom, trying to get her cat from a tree. I decided to help her out, so in return she left me her address in case I needed something." I explain tossing the ball to Cortney. She nodded for me to continue.

"Yesterday, I built up the nerve to ask him to play for my team, for Liam's sake. His mom forced us to get ice cream. While doing so we had a... personal conversation." I say, leaving out a lot of tidbits.

"You can't just say personal and expect me not to ask." Cortney said, rolling her eyes passing to Luke.

"That's up to Gale to tell, not me." I sternly reply. Cortney pouted a little.

"Anyway, we played a little soccer and right when we were done we were approached by some college students. They demanded we play, otherwise they'd get hostile. We played, and won. They decided to attack us anyway, but we escaped thanks to Gale's knowledge of shortcuts around town. We went back to his place, cause I forgot my groceries. When I entered the house his mother suggested I stay for dinner. I somehow ended up being the one cooking dinner. Gale's parents had to go out for a bit. When they came home we all ate and I headed home." I say, while I continue tossing the ball.