Chapter 48

Rick POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"But how can he have supposedly changed in such a short time?" Mum questions with a frown.

Dad clears his throat. "Love opens even the eyes of the fallen. Remember, sweetheart, when -"

"You, shush" mum cuts him off sharply, glaring at the old man down their memory lane.

I smirk, they're a couple of fifty-eight years olds, sometimes behaving like still in their forties and their love just seems to grow over the years. Never have I heard their whole story, so I don't know what dad means, but mum's expression softens and she's thinking about something.

"Well, do you give us your word that he makes you happy, still, and we can help if he ever hurt you again?" She asks and reaches out her pinky to me.

I nod and link my pinky with hers in agreement. "That I can do. Let's just give him a chance and let him do his thing to make things right."

"But we can play with him a little, right?" Dad queries amused, unable to stay stern in a situation where he doesn't need to be, and he's getting there now. 

I chuckle. "Sure. But even as he's a tough guy, don't overdo it."

"We would never" dad says with a mischievous smile.

Mum gives a laugh and stands up. "Very well, let's have lunch and see what this young lad of yours is made of."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

And I really believe him, since he's already started. Wilder Nichols can be hard work sometimes, but I'd die for that boy. Yes, I'm that kind of guy, and he's my ride and die.

As everybody's expressions change occasionally even to soft and impressed, my chest puffs out in pride listening and watching Wilder handle this situation. I often lightly squeeze his hand, which I'm holding the whole time, in reassurance. That's my boy, y'all. Little Breezy is already sold by him, judging by the starstruck gaze she keeps on him.

When Wilder says he's finished, since everybody gave him the time to speak what he needs to say, I can't help it. I'm so moved emotionally that I push back my chair a little, turn towards him and grabbing his face, plant a soft but firm, lingering kiss on his wickedly sweet lips. It's almost as if he's about to kiss back after the surprise, but then he pushes me away, almost falling off the chair himself.

"Hey, watch it, buster, there's a kid in the room" Wilder says, startled and very flustered with wide eyes.

I chuckle. "Don't worry, love, everybody here has seen at least mum and dad kissing since we're born. We're cool."

"Fine but still, stop and eat before it's all cold" he says quietly. The rest has started their meal but he and I couldn't focus on eating and having this conversation at the same time..

"You too, unless here is somebody who still has a question to either of us" I query, looking around the table to face a smiling mum and Nasir, smirking dad and beaming Breeze and Janice, Art's girlfriend. However, Colin, Art and Armin have clearly still something up their arses.

When I raise my eyebrow in question and challenge, the three of them team up and stand up to whisper something. Not even ten seconds later, Colin turns towards us and speaks out.

"We do have a question for Wilder, yes" he says defiantly. "What would you say if Rick proposed to you, asked you to marry him, right now?"

My eyes widen. "Right now? I'm not, but I'm not."

Jeez! What the hell, man? That's an area I'm not ready for, and I can imagine Wilder is even less.

Colin shoots me a glare. "I asked him, not you."

All their attention is brought back to Wilder, and when I turn to look at him carefully, his eyes are as wide as I expected and his frozen state, open mouth and flushed face almost worries me. Did the poor boy get a heart attack? I wouldn't blame him.

I'm about to say he doesn't need to answer that and I'm not going to propose anytime soon, he's okay, but he recovers and opens his mouth before me.

"If he, if -" he starts awkwardly and clears his throat before continuing. I'm really not liking all of these people seeing his cute blushing face. "If he really did that, I'd have to say yes."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...