Chapter 21

Rick POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

I sigh. "No, I haven't heard from him."

"I still can't believe he stayed overnight here with you" he says, shaking his head and then chuckles. "I still don't recommend you taking things as seriously as your face is showing."

"I'm not serious" I mutter, and glare at my phone on the table as Jared lets out a mocking "hah!".

We get back to the movie, a romance film that is supposed to have action mild enough for little August and enough of it to have me watch it with them.

I'm still watching only because I have nothing else to do and my bed is crowded. It's no entertainment for me, only triggering how much I miss my Nick.

I would get a beer but the little kid is here, and my principal is to never drink with children around.

Minutes later, just as I lean forward to stand up and go to use the bathroom, my phone rings. I don't even look who is calling, with my instinct I just grab it and answer, ignoring Jared laughing at me and even Dan giggling.

"Carmichael."

"You a friend of Wilder's?" comes a young male voice through the line. Am I? I check the caller and it's someone calling from Wilder's number.

"Yes, is something the matter?" I say, and faintly hear my friend's voice slurring in the background. Oh, the youth of this generation. I wasn't this bad.

"The matter is, he wants to go home but refuses to leave if you don't come get him."

"But he's alright?" I query, already hurrying to go pick up a damn teenager from a damn party. I feel old.

"Yeah, well, drunk as fuck. I don't think it's safe for him to leave alone."

"Give me the address."

He gives me the address as I grab my wallet, keys and slip on my shoes. Fortunately, it's not too far of a drive.

The call ends and I grumble by myself as I go out, get to the garage and inside my car. I can't help but think the poor boy must really be 'drunk as fuck', to want me to pick him up from a party. And it's not even 10 PM.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)