Chapter 22

Wilder POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

For the past ten minutes or so, Tim has tried to get me to leave. Don't want to leave and be alone as the mess as I am. And, the drunken ass I am, somehow, I chose the irrational choice of calling Rick for help instead of the rational choice of my best friend.

"There's no Rick in your contacts" Tim says, frustrated and annoyed with me as he agrees to call him to pick me up like I asked.

"The one with, with the nickname" I mutter, hiccupping at the middle and end of the sentence. Leaning my head against his shoulder as we sit on the floor in one of the living room corners.

I just want away from here, from these people, this music that's giving me a headache and this whole shithole big house where I'd get lost if I tried to get out by myself now. I just want Rick. He promised.

Tim laughs. "Old homo creep? Doesn't sound like a mate of yours."

"Well, call him anyway" I say, waving my hand to dismiss his obvious remark.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

Looking all happy and shit, Rick gets out of the car and leans against the door, waiting for me. I don't care right now, he gets away with it tonight because I have no energy...or will to tell him off.

"Having a fun night?" Rick asks, smirking. Yup, still a bastard.

"Very, now let me, me drive myself home" I say almost slurring, walking up to him.

He shakes his head, amused. "You can't drive in that condition."

"I have to, I'm too drunk to walk, you know" I reason with him, poking his chest.

"He doesn't have a licence and can't drive even when sober, don't let him" Tim says from behind me, startling me.

"Why are you still here?"

Tim rolls his eyes. "Whatever, making sure you're off safe" he says blankly and then turns to Rick. "Just take him away."

"Thank you for calling me" Rick says, and Tim nods and then leaves this time for real.

Next, I end up in the passenger seat in his car and he starts driving. I feel sick and Rick hands me a plastic bag, if I can't hold back for enough.

We drive under silence, except the radio is quietly on to create an atmosphere. My head is heavy, leaning against the window and my eyes are closed. Despite me feeling like absolute garbage, this is almost nice.

"Why did you call me?" Rick asks at some point, stopping me from almost dozing off. "What can I do for you?"

"Because you make it so fucking hard to hate you" I mumble, barely aware of what I'm saying. "And I'm tired of, of hating. Since I can't kill you, might as well like you."

Bet he's smiling or something at that, a satisfied and smug fucker. I don't even dare open my eyes to look at him. Why did I just say that shit out loud to him?

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...