Chapter 29

Wilder POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

Even if it hurt, I told Rick about the dream. He knows about my fuck up, and he was so damn concerned that I would've felt worse if I didn't. And, have to admit, I felt better sharing my distress with him. It's a peculiar feeling, but something I need and want to get used to.

As Rick is good and experienced with guns in a healthy and legal way, being of the country folk, this nearest shooting range he's familiar with is where we came almost an hour ago.

I just...especially every time I just pulled the trigger, I saw flashbacks of both the dreams and reality. Can't handle this...hate of myself. This fear.

"Okay, hey, breathe to calm down and know everything's alright" Rick says from behind me. Despite my anxious state, maybe I'm so used to his touch that I don't even flinch when he places his hand on my shoulder. I even believe it's just to comfort and encourage me. But I'm still scared of this situation. "Good. So, uh, let's take a different approach. Come back and give me a chance to show ya. If it's still too much, we'll leave."

Who the hell said it's too much? It's not, I'm perfectly fine.

Okay, I'm clearly not, but his words irritate my pride enough for me to snort and follow him back to our stance.

Then, he starts to explain and show me how the gun can be for me, not against me. My friend, not enemy. For my protection, not danger. For my benefit, not harm.

It all sounds ridiculous to me at first, but I can't deny the fact that Rick does make sense. He's smart, and I can't help but feel thankful and privileged of his help, him doing this for me.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

He chuckles lowly, leaning against the locker next to mine. "Your confidence is really attractive, Nick. This is my first time in here but you have no idea how much I've thought of doing things to you in this environment."

I mirror his posture with the equal cockiness, at least pretend. I don't know why my heart is hammering so hard against my chest, it doesn't do that normally.

"Well, Mike, I bet my dreams have been much better than your thoughts" I say with one raised eyebrow, challengingly, and wait for his reaction. I just threw at him two things, revealing I have a nickname for him and that I've seen...hot, very bothersome dreams about him.

Rick stands there for a moment stunned, until his face breaks into a grin. Ugh.

"And I bet you're not brave enough to make any of them reality" he says smugly.

Oh, I'll show him. I'm plenty of brave and challenge. Yeah! He doesn't know what just hit him.

"The game's on." 

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

- -

💋😘🔥 oookay! Btw it looks like we need to wait for next update to see what got into Wilder, seeing from his side, in the previous evening and chapter at the bar.