Chapter 35

Rick POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

I find Wilder close with a young woman, maybe in her mid-twenties. She notices me first, his back towards me, which makes Wilder turn around. And damn, his eyes! What has happened to make him cry, and who is she?

"I didn't kill him, I swear I couldn't have, no, you have to believe me I wouldn't do that" my boy rambles, taking the remaining steps to me.

He totally surprises me by clinging his arms around me and resting the side of his head on my chest. My arms instinctively wrap around him, I don't read too much into the gesture as he's scared and nearly hysterical.

"Hey, shh, take a deep breath, Nick" I whisper in a soothing voice, rubbing my hand on his back comfortingly and lifting my other arm to rest gently but firmly around his neck. As I dared to expect, he does as I say, and his body soon relaxes in my safe hold. "I believe you. Now, who's he?"

"My father, he was there when I went to pick up the rest of my stuff from home like we agreed."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"Wilder, this is no time for joking" his sister says sternly.

"I'm not joking, okay" he says defensively. "I'm not the jerk as I was before, I've been dealing with my shit and...lately, things have been happening. We've been, you know, official for a few days now."

She looks at him, then at me for a while until intently at him again. "Look, I know you saying it's official means something, but I can't deal with this right now and just based on your words. If you're not just fooling me, I'm happy for you if this is what you want. I do prefer this to the homophobic fuckboy image you created for yourself, but you're still a jerk in my eyes."

Wilder rolls his eyes, but I can also see relief in his expression that he tries to hide for appearances. "Thanks..."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"I'm sorry for what happened to your father."

He snorts, though his dismissal is half-hearted. "Don't be, I don't care about him."

"You care, and you're sad he passed while your visit and you guys being on bad terms."

"I'm not sad, Rick, shut up. He didn't mean anything to me."

"Maybe not in your conscience, but he's still your father, and whatever you say or think, his death affects you. It's a natural and perfectly normal reaction, you're allowed to grieve."

His head snaps up to glare at me. "I'm not fucking sad!"

I squint my eyes at him, holding the gaze to tell he's not fooling me. "Yes, you are."

He doesn't give up with the challenge until a tear escapes his eye, and I instinctively reach out to wipe it off with my thumb. My tough boy is vulnerable, and I hate to see him in a state uncomfortable for him. He lowers his eyes to stare at his legs.

"Yes, I am" he says quietly, then a sob escapes his lips as he takes a deep breath. "I don't get this, I mean, I despised that man. He doesn't deserve my grief."

"Even so, -" I say as I take his hand into mine for as much comfort as possible sitting in the car, "- you have to give yourself time to deal with what happened today. Don't suppress your feelings, and remember I'm here for you."

"You just enjoy seeing me sad, all weak and pathetic in your care, don't you?" he almost spits out, and I sigh.

"No, Nick, I don't. I hate to see you sad like this, but this is not about me, so I'm still here for you. Have you eaten after lunch, what did you have then?"

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...