Chapter 25

Wilder POV

It's so strange to bring him there, being sober. I just know, it's useless and maybe even troublesome to go against Rick's demand. And let's face it, the garage is a much better place to stay in...even if it comes with the creep. 

Entering the shed, I stop to a halt when I find Serah sleeping on the mattress. I glance at Rick, he knows about her as I stupidly told him last night but not what she means to me really. Don't know how to act. 

"She's as welcome as you are, I'll give you privacy to pack but just call me if you need help, I'm outside" Rick says, and leaves as it's easier for me and I do need the privacy to leave this place.

I look around and sneer, won't complain to get away from here. This was just for the lack of other options. I grab my bag and drop it on the mattress, but the kitten doesn't move like she should.

This still sight pulls at my heart strings. Oh fuck, please no. She has to be okay.

"Hey, girlie" I whisper, gently stroking my hand once through the soft fur in her back. No response. "Come on, please. You need something? I'm -" I pause as my eyes catch sight of her empty food and water bowls on the floor.

She's gotten used to me feeding and taking care of her, it has affected her survival skills and I neglected her! Fucking piece of shit, I am. Bashing myself, I hurry to get her some water and food until we get away from here.

"I'm sorry, Serah, I'm an idiot but come on, give me another chance. Look, here's your breakfast now, please get up so you'll get your strength back. You can do it, you're still breathing, I see you. It's okay now, okay?"

Her ears move a little but nothing else before I put the bowls right beside her. She lifts her head and leans to cautiously drink of the water, then to my relief takes a little food as well. The purr she lets out and how she within a minute stretches to sit up, give me a silly smile.

One night without even water might be too much for a small, fragile kitten like her. She's still growing up, it's become my responsibility to take care of her. I've learned my lesson, this won't happen again.

I'm so lucky, didn't come back too late. It warms my heart that she likes me this much, that she still stayed. I don't deserve her, but I'm too fond of her to regret us or do things differently.

However, there's a new situation we need to solve right now. 

"Okay, here's the deal" I say to her, quietly even if I don't dare to hope Rick wouldn't hear. "I don't own you or know you enough to just take you with me. We have a choice now, I've made mine and you must make yours. If you wanna come with me, to a better place, show me by moving your a- your bum to this bag. I'm starting to pack now."

I put my words into action, starting to gather and pack my clothes. Soon I'm done with them and pick up the rest of my shit, and when I turn back to fill the bag, the damn furball is on top of my clothes in my bag, thinking she's cute and smart or something.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

Sometime later, an excited Rick comes back with two backpacks, one which he hands over to me.

"So, there's gonna be a short hike, and I thought you can help me with carrying, so I packed in two bags."

"And this is all necessary, for one night's trip?" I ask suspiciously, nevertheless taking the backpack. "You're not planning on driving us to a freaky place and forcing me to stay with you longer as it's too far to walk back, are you?"

"How on earth did you guess" he says supposedly astonished, throws his backpack into the boot of his car and leaves it open for me. "Stop being so nervous, Nick, there's no need. I need to be back tomorrow morning and so do you, and I won't leave you there alone. Now, get in the car."

His nickname for me is really throwing me off. My name isn't that long or difficult to say, why he needs another name is beyond me.

I put the other bag in the boot, close it and get with him in the car. My mind is dripping with sarcasm as I think how exciting this will be and I can't wait to go camping for the second time in my life.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

- -

💋😘😏😅😂