Chapter 24

Wilder POV 

I've reached a tolerance where I'm not puking my guts out anymore, even after heavy drinking. Still no superhuman though, so I feel now like absolute shit even before I open my eyes. Like every morning after.

I'm in desperate need of a painkiller or two and a bottle of water. I groan with my arm over my eyes, if Serah is close by she can hear I'm awake.

But the answer I get to my groan call isn't at all the one I'm expecting.

"Well, good morning to my sweet sunshine."

It's a human and no less, it's him. I manage to suppress how startled and alarmed I get, just popping one eye wide open.

Fuck, his smile is too bright for a morning like this, or any morning at that. I look around and I'm not in my shed but in a damn garage. As the creep is here, I recognise this as his place.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

I sigh, rubbing my temples. "I made somebody call you, didn't I?" Rick just hums in agreement. I take a sip of water again. "And you just...brought me here."

"Because you brought me first to your...place" he drawls, making me cough with water in my mouth.

"I did no such thing!" I snap, when I get my breath back. That was mean. "I couldn't have! I didn't- what do you know?"

"I know" he says, looking at me unimpressed.

He knows. Oh, he knows.

And then I remember, the rest of last night. The reality and flashbacks hitting me like I wasn't in enough suffering already.

Fuck, he knows. And I have nobody else to blame again but myself. I still need a moment to freak out.

"I'm never fucking drinking again" I mutter, rubbing my eyes. Rick snorts a laugh, making me glare at him, and then he bursts out laughing. "What now?"

"We both know you won't stop that easily" he says, chuckling.

I have a hard time to maintain my scowl, because his mood is contagious and hell, he's right about that. I'd laugh if it wasn't me who said it, it's that ridiculous.

"What's that?" I ask, nodding towards a full breakfast tray near the foot end of the mattress.

"Your breakfast, to boost your memory if ya need."

My eyes widen. "You're nuts, I can't eat all that, especially on a morning like this."

His eyes visibly brighten. "I was hoping you'd say that, I made a little extra on purpose so we can share" he says smiling, rubbing his hands together and already at the food.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"You do realise I can't pay you anything, right? Or is that it, I have to pay you back with my body or something else twisted?"

Rick shakes his head. "Get out of the gutter, boy. You won't pay anything, other than pay attention to your attitude towards me. You need to get along with me. I'd like to give you better but there's no room upstairs, so we'll make this place as nice for ya as possible. After breakfast, we'll go to get your things here."

"You won't take no for an answer, right?"

"Right."

"I still want to say no" I say annoyed, crossing my arms. "But I don't see any way out or any other option than to say thanks, I guess."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...