Chapter 9

Rick POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

During the past three weeks, I haven't heard from or seen Wilder at all. I have refrained myself of texting him as much as possible, and the few messages I've sent have gone ignored and possibly unread.

Maybe he really had enough and blocked my number.

He hasn't even come to the coffee shop, or if he has, he's got very good and sneaky ways. I don't know him enough to guess if he would go through that trouble just to avoid me.

I miss him, however, I have promised myself not to stoop low to desperate actions until I'm physically ill. It's really not a big deal if I don't see or hear from him anymore, it was just a playful challenge I kept on as long as possible. Nothing serious.

After an hour more in the garage, I tidy up the place presentable and then go upstairs to shower and change my clothes.

I make it to behind the coffee shop counter a little earlier than was needed, but nobody complains. Elin and I watch over the shop as Aunt Marge gets a break to go and prepare dinner earlier, too, and that makes me happy with myself.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

I'm not jealous of their relationship, I'm jealous of them still being young and in love. That must be it. They haven't even reached their twenties, I'm past my twenties this October. I don't want that.

After I'm free from work, the first thing I do before going up for dinner is grab my phone and text the boy I have been missing since we haven't been in any contact lately. I tried not to, but I'm not that strong.

Fri, 5.58 PM,
Me: -I hope you're doing well. I miss you, Nick.

I don't wait for a reply instantly or one in the first place, and I'm starving, so I pocket my phone and leave Elin to manage the shop. She'll go home after Aunt Marge or I, or both of us, get downstairs after dinner.

As I'm eating with Aunt Marge, Dan, Jared and little August, I feel my phone vibrate in my jeans pocket. I ignore it for now, although this is one of rare times I'm waiting for the meal to finish. Aldo's presence is missed, he moved back out already as Jared returned.

On a quiet moment during my last shift hours of today, I check my phone and like I hoped, the earlier vibration was a message and from him.

Fri, 6.26 PM,
Wilder: -you got wrong number
-good for me to know tho you moved on to harass someone else

I grin, having suspected there would be confusion with the name but I couldn't resist.

Fri, 7.31 PM,
Me: -No, same number and same person correct. You're my Nick, you know, because of your surname Nichols. Cute, right?

I haven't met Wilder properly yet but judging by that short encounter and his messages, he's not into cute stuff and he's not adorable himself.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...