Chapter 7

Wilder POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"Hey, what're you doing here?" I ask, approaching and having got his attention.

"You should be looking at a mirror asking that" Jared says with a smirk, and I tilt my head in question. "Your hair is messy, knowing you that means you've got laid already but still, fix yourself a little."

I snort, not caring about my appearance really. Even if my hair was messy or whatever, I'm still attractive and good looking. I do what Jared suggests though, combing through my hair with my fingers, making him chuckle. Good enough.

"Anyway, now that new winds are blowing, what you just did is wrong" he continues, smiling mischievously. We're not yet on genuine, friendly smiles.

I squint my eyes. "What new winds, what's wrong?" I query, squinting my eyes.

Jared shrugs. "If you admit to scoring here, you're admitting to cheating" he says smugly.

"What?" I chuckle, confused where this is coming from. He knows me better than associate me with cheating. "I'm never cheating, there's nobody to cheat with me and you know that. What the fuck are you talking about?"

"Oh, I just thought about the budding or even blooming relationship of Rick and you, that's all."

So, this again. He's so enjoying this. Well, at least someone is. Or someone other than Rick, that is, I should assume. I wouldn't be surprised if some parts of that creep's messages were Jared's idea or something. Fuck, I need more beer.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

Jared is tipsy and I'm too high to stand on my own.

"Where are you bunking tonight?" He asks, as we walk away from the noise. Streetlights are a lifesaver, even if they're bright as fuck.

"Just going home" I say and hiccup, making Jared snort.

"Like hell I'm believing that, now tell me where or I'll dump you before the next corner."

"Then dump me, couldn't care less" I say trying to shove him off me but it's no use, I just stumble a little and his hold of me doesn't even loosen.

I curse under my breath. I feel an instinct to fight but think better of it, not to. With him it's useless and just gets me more trouble, even looking weak next to him isn't worth it.

Jared grunts. "As you wish, I'll take you home and you just suit yourself. Be happy Margery is asleep already, I'd ask her to allow you to sleep on the couch. Right next to your friend Rick."

Hear me laughing? Almost. Yeah, home sounds very inviting compared to that. I'm overflowing with happiness, mate. Not that I'll go home inside, Jared just won't know that.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

- -

💋 feels like a filler chapter to me, idk, but I want to include Jared and Wilder's friendship... it's a big part of Wilder's life after all.