Chapter 14

Wilder POV

I'm leaning against a corner of the next building a little aside from the coffee shop, smoking the joint I happened to have in my pocket.

Stress and soon meeting Rick again, two heavy reasons why I need it.

I check my phone and it's 8.02 PM, he should be done any moment and come out of that door I've been stalking for about the past ten minutes.

When the right man comes out eventually, looking around after locking the shop's door, I have finished the smoke. I walk out of the shadows, so to speak as it's early summer so it's still light, and he soon spots me.

And getting that bright, foolish smile on his face seeing me, what the hell? There's nothing to smile about me, he's got a problem.

I walk to him, still having it hard to believe that after all I'm voluntarily meeting with this guy.

"Any plans or may I suggest we take my car and grab a bite somewhere in the centre?" Rick asks, and I shrug. "Want to go by bus or is my car okay?"

"You have a car?"

"Yeah, and she's a real babe too" Rick grins mischievously and starts walking towards the garage. "Let's go."

"She? Shouldn't, well, your babe be a he?" I query, internally cringing at myself but I'm confused.

"Nah, my human love should" Rick says opening the door and letting me go in first. I do so but glare at him for the nice gesture. "But so far she's the only babe that's stayed with me."

Oh shit. She's a beauty, I gotta admit. Have to give him some credit, for the taste in cars.

"You're lucky with this one" I say quietly, both admiring the view and thinking how it would feel to own a car myself. Shouldn't even dream of it in the near future, though.

"I think so too, thanks" Rick says and taps the hood twice. "Well, hop in. I'm starving."

I roll my eyes but feeling oddly excited, I open the passenger door and get in.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

Silence. I'm very bothered about what I just heard. It's so different to what I've heard before. I feel suddenly very insecure and uncertain.

"What's wrong with me all of a sudden? You don't want me? I'm not good enough for you?"

Rick chuckles, and I compose myself to glare at him, then turn away. Fuck, I don't know where that came from.

"I thought you'd be glad if I say that's true" he says, and I can hear the arrogant darn smirk on his face.

"You're right about that. I'd be extremely glad."

Silence. Neither of us move.

"Well, it's late as we both have work in the morning" Rick says and taps the steering wheel. "No sex for you tonight. I'll drive you home."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

- -
"What's wrong with me all of a sudden?" Lol that whole "..." 😂😅
First date ♥️