Chapter 5

Rick POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

Even if I'm off work today, I volunteer and just spend time in the coffee shop again. I get to eat for free as long as I don't go overboard, which is awesome. And as long as it doesn't happen in front of paying customers, so mostly it's possible in the office.

I'm also here a lot in hopes of seeing Wilder again. I have an inkling he's avoiding the coffee shop now because of me, or then he's really had no business here. I think, however, that it's the first option.

I pass time in the coffee shop and office until dinner time, which I end up having out in the garage with the meal I grab from the coffee shop. As Jared came back, he and Dan came down soon to have theirs in the shop as Dan fell asleep and burned the food.

While I eat before going back to fixing my old but beloved car, I take my phone from my jeans pocket and open the message conversation with Wilder that ended five days ago because of him. Okay, because of me, but from his end.

Tue, 5.57 PM,
Me: Sorry I was so forward, you just seem like someone I'd like to get to know better. Please don't ignore me. I'll be good.

I sigh as I press send and put the phone down on the small table. I finish eating and then get my hands and back dirty with my car who patiently waited for me.

I was over the moon when Wilder answered my texts, even if he didn't seem too enthusiastic of my flirting but I didn't expect it. It was just teasing, as I thought he can handle it and honestly, that's just me. I'm not good at playing subtle.

But I'm too drawn to him for my liking, the need to get to know him almost painful and outright absurd. Nobody has caught my interest like this before, but I have no need to feel intimidated. I feel hurt and miserable as he's ignoring me.

It's not as if I'm staying here long enough for us to get into a relationship, and especially with Wilder I think it would take half a lifetime to get to that point.

Now I'm just feeling silly and pathetic as well, waiting to get attention again from a troubled teenager I've seen just once. I've got myself deep into a frustrating and complicated situation. Much more drama than I expected to encounter around here.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...