Chapter 40

Wilder POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"No, I was, was just gonna -"

"I noticed that, but you're not. You're coming home with me, tonight's enough for you."

Jared may be right, but I wish he'd give me one more hour. Even half. No such luck, he drags me outside and makes us walk to the nearest bus stop.

It's around 10 PM, a little past. With his help, despite four beers I behave myself and almost twenty minutes later, we're back in the coffee shop. After five more minutes, Jared sits with a cup of tea at the kitchen table and I'm sat on the opposite side.

The building is quiet, Margery is known to be asleep by now and so seems to be Dan and the little kid as well on this late Saturday evening.

Jared was my babysitter or something, coming with me like that to the party. He's been very protective and stuff with me ever since finding out about my disease. It didn't take him long to find out, as he drilled out of me why I left Rick and all that. I'm thankful of our friendship, even if he annoys the crap out of me often and the other way around, like just now.

"You've got to stop, mate" Jared says, apparently up to a conversation with me. This is not the fun I had in mind for tonight.

"Stop what?"

"You have your whole life ahead of yourself, like I told you from the start. You did an idiotic thing which I understand, but now it's over. You'll make things right, and I'll make sure of that."

I snort. "I can't do anything about it an-"

"No more excuses" he cuts me off sternly. "You can and you will. You'll sleep your beer off and by tomorrow night, I want to hear even the start of your plan. It's so obvious that you miss him."

"I don't miss him, or anybody" I snap. "Fuck, you're stupid if you think that I'd still miss him. It's been months. No, that's all over and in the past."

"It's not over, or in the past. It doesn't have to be."

"But it is."

"Damn, you're a stubborn drunk ass" he says with a exaggerated sigh, shaking his head.

"Look who's talking! Just because I love him, doesn't mean I'm gonna -"

"You what?"

"I what?" I ask confused, then my eyes widen, just like his has, as I remember and process what I just said. Oh, no. No, no, no. I don't know where that came from, and don't need to.

"You love him, huh?"

I chuckle, hiccuping. "No, no, no I don't. That's...that was just some bullshit I threw at you. Hey, mate, I'm drunk here."

He smirks. "You need to do something about that. This is so much fun, isn't it? I'll be expecting, even more so, a plan thanks to this new revelation."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...