Chapter 20

Wilder POV

Hate to admit it, but I kinda like my new hair. I think Rick knows that too, even if I tried to hide it by acting like it's whatever.

I sneaked into the guest room pretty much as soon as his aunt and the boy came in last night, didn't want to disturb any family time.

Rick was nice to give me change of bed sheets, I have slept in the same sheets as my best friend but when it's his and his boyfriend's, it's a completely different and out-of-question matter.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

Rick is alone at the breakfast table when I'm ready and join him, sitting at the opposite chair. There's still a whole setting of foods, I haven't seen this much food at the same time in ages.

"Good morning" Rick says with a cheerful voice and smiling, right from the morning. "Help yourself to whatever you want. Everything in here is available, even I can be on the breakfast menu for you."

I roll my eyes. "Fuck off" I say, focusing on what I'd start with. I have an oddly big appetite and I'd be a fool not to take advantage of this.

Rick chuckles. "Not a morning person, should have guessed that. Do you really want me to leave?"

Yes, please. You're too bright and talkative this early.

"No" I say, however and get some hash browns on my plate. "Just...shut up. You won't be getting into any small talk at the breakfast table with me."

"Good enough, I wasn't finished here anyway" Rick says, and for the rest of our breakfast together, he shocks me with how much he eats. Must've started before I got in, too.

"How the hell aren't you fat?" I query, shaking my head baffled.

He grins. "I must have been graced with good metabolism with my appetite, and I'm an active person too. Why, do you think I'm fit then?"

"Without it meaning anything gross, yeah" I say, shrugging and take my plate and mug to the kitchen sink. "Shouldn't eat so much though, even if it doesn't show, it's not healthy."

"And who might you be to judge what is healthy or not?" He asks amused.

Fuck, two good points right there. I'm not living ideally healthy at all, and I'm nobody to correct or judge him.

"You're right, sorry" I say, with almost gritted teeth and not daring to look at him, annoyed. I hate to say sorry, but I've lately done it when have to.

"Aww, don't be sorry" Rick says sweetly, teasing me, and grabs my hand as I pass him. "It's nice to know you're concerned for my health, darling."

"Who the hell is concerned?" I yank back my hand and almost growl at his smirk. "You may choke on all that shit for all I care."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"True, but that just adds to the sexy, badass look on you, so it's cool worth mentioning."

"I, uh, need you to drive me now closer to my sh-...home" I say, after getting too uncomfortable again under silence and his gaze.

"Sure, whenever you're ready we'll go. When do I see you again?"

"I...I don't know, really, but I do need a break."

"I understand. Just don't do anything stupid anymore to yourself, and remember I'm at your reach. 24/7. Okay?"

"Okay" I say quietly, taking a deep subtle breath to not to show him how much that actually means to me.

It pisses me off he's become that person to me, who I thought Jared would be. And with Rick, we already have more than friendship, whether I liked it or not.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...