Chapter 36

A/N: dropping for y'all a picture of Wilder's new tattoo on top. Just imagine it a little bigger, with the letters described and on his back ^^

--

Wilder POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"Not particularly, I had a good protein shake between work and practice" I tell him, making him nod with a satisfied smile. "You did tell me to be prepared, so I'm not starving."

"Good, I am but it's better this way, we can go straight to the surprise" he says cheerfully, although I do sense some tension in him.

"You okay? You look kinda nervous" I remark.

"Nervous? Me? Oh, no, I'm okay. I mean, maybe I am a little nervous, but I'm about to do something I don't do every day, never so far actually, so I'm nervous but just a little tiny bit, barely at all. Don't ya worry."

I stare at him with raised eyebrows. "Yeah, -" I drawl, "- sure, because that level of okay is nothing to worry about. Listen, we're not doing anything you're in that state of mind about. It has to be something we both like."

"Pff, no, we're doing this unless you don't want to and I'm sure you will, and then we'll have the dinner part of this date after. We're there in a minute or so, anyway."

I shrug, letting him be a stubborn ass behind the steering wheel. I don't think I'll ever sit on the driver's seat while the car is moving, I mean I don't trust myself being in charge of such a vehicle, and none of my mates do either. Even if I wanted a licence, I'd put the effort and money into it only if I had an own car and that's not happening anytime soon. I'm just fine like this.

There's not much time for me to fall into my thoughts, as really in about a minute, he stops the car by a line of many shops. I'm not sure which one he's taking us, so I decide now he'll tell me or I'm not exiting this car.

I'm just turning to look at Rick and make him spill the surprise, when he clears his throat.

"Okay, so, I'll tell ya now, so you have more time to think and decide" he says, with a smile that must stretch his cheeks unnaturally. "We're less than 500 feet away from a tattoo shop, and I'm going to be first because I know what I'll get. You'll get one after me."

I stare at him in shock. "Tattoo shop? You don't do tattoos."

He chuckles. "I didn't do tattoos, but you do, and this is for you. And, I want one now, I have the perfect one pictured in my pocket. It's worth it. You in?"

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...