Chapter 45

Wilder POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

It's not pitch black dark anymore but I'll see my hands again sooner than I dared to hope. Ah, light. A wonderful thing I take for granted. There's a lot of things I take for granted, that's a thought.

Okay, but maybe they won't see me, I may not be sitting right in the middle of a driveway. I try to sit properly and stand up to get attention but I'm freaking freezing, so my body isn't obeying me. Not just cold actually, I also feel a little sick. Fine, sick and bloody anxious. If I wasn't stiff from cold already, I'd still be stiff right now.

Mostly of shame but also feeling drained, with my head hung I hear the car driving and stopping close to me. The bright light makes me squint and close my eyes. Maybe they spotted me, one must see clearly miles away with those headlights.

When they, hopefully a nice person, get out, I decide not to be a wuss and raise my head back up to see two guys hurrying up to me.

"Wilder, is that you?" The other one, with longer blonde-ish hair, asks carefully. My neck hurts, so I can't look up completely, so I look in their direction and open my mouth to say 'yes' but my lips and whole body tremble from cold. Damn, my vocal cords don't work either, so I just nod defeatedly. "Okay, oh, thank goodness we found you! Rick is worried sick where you are! Colin, call Rick to come home and I'll help Wilder to the car."

That Colin guy mutters something under his breath but does as told and goes back to their car, while the more talkative guy reaches me and helps me up. Shiiit...

"Geez, you're just as stupid as told to be" he says and groans, making me cringe in my mind. I should be wary since he knows my name and has heard of me, maybe he's kidnapping me to really kill me. But whatever, it's not as if I can defend myself, my body is all messed up. At their mercy. "It's too cold to survive with these clothes so early in the morning, and you're outside without a flashlight on you. We have no street lamps like y'all city people, sorry you had to find out the hard way. Okay, let's get you to warm up, we have a lot to talk about. My name's Nasir, by the way."

Nasir? As in, Nasir, Rick's new and current boyfriend? Not the most common name, can't be two of them around here. Okay, this is oh, so great. And what does he have to talk about, with me? He shouldn't be helping me, he knows about Rick and me.

He even smiles at me, and not in a fake friendly way, when he helps me into the backseat of the car and puts on the seatbelt since I start to shiver more after moving again. What's up with these folks, acting all weird and unpredictable? First Melvin, now Nasir? Yeah, Rick belongs here.

When we've all got in the car and Colin drives, Nasir rants about how he, Rick and Melvin who's seen me scattered to find me and how he's afraid of the dark, so Colin had to come along. They've been looking for me, in this dark. They had good lights, though. Of course, I knew about no street lamps, but I didn't know about multiple flashlights just in case.

As I glance up to Colin in the driver's seat, he's sending me these nasty glares through the rear-view mirror. Now, he's fine and normal, at least so far. Behaves like he should towards me, resenting the idiot I am.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...