Chapter 3

Rick POV

"Hey, away from the fridge with those hands" Aunt Marge says and rudely closes the fridge in front of my nose. "You can't be hungry again, laddie, we had a good lunch less than two hours ago."

"But I am" I whine immaturely.

Aunt Marge rolls her eyes and slaps my back. "Come on, clean yourself up and change your clothes. It's busy downstairs, Elin and I need your help."

"Can I get something to eat while down there?"

"Sure, just come" Aunt Marge says with a defeated smile.

I grin back and abandon the fridge for now, to go wash my dirty hands in the bathroom as Aunt Marge goes back downstairs to the coffee shop.

My life has been drastically different since I came to visit my aunt the evening before yesterday's. Not in a bad way, though. Back at home they thought I needed a change of hoods and I came willingly. Not that I exactly agreed with them, and it will take time for this country boy to get used to life in the city. This is not located right in the city but near enough.

I wash, scrub and again wash my hands under the lukewarm water with dish soap, cleaning all the oil and dirt from my car I was fixing before I came back inside for a snack.

Satisfied with the result finally, I do as told and go to change my clothes. Not that they're dirty, they're just not normal around here. Many people are used to my short visits and cowboy look, but Aunt Marge always tries to get me dress normally around here. Wanting to respect her, I don't object and I have a few sets of normal clothes.

I dig into my suitcase and dress in a simple black t-shirt and grey jeans that are just a little ripped and allowed as fashion. Before I exit the flat, I leave the cowboy hat and fix my hair decent.

Aunt Marge owns this whole building, it includes her Margery's Coffee Home downstairs and here upstairs, is this flat where she lives. Nowadays, with me and two teenage boys Jared and Dan. Brilliant guys and a power couple, may I say. I like them.

It is indeed busy in the coffee shop, so I join Elin behind the counter as Aunt Marge provides the foodstuffs. She's a nice young lassie to work with, beautiful outwardly and inwardly. A girl I honestly would pursue if I wasn't completely into the other team. It's not a secret I'm gay and where my wandering eyes linger, tends to give away my preferences quickly to new acquaintances.

I'm good behind the cash register and taking orders, and Elin with serving and preparing the orders. We're a good team, we get the job done smoothly. When I go to the office to get a water bottle while there's no customers at the counter, even Dan has offered to help Margery today, he's with the paperwork and his boyfriend keeps company.

Few hours later, I'm still working and the lovebirds are on their dinner date at one of the window tables. I don't envy their young love, not exactly, but I really do. I haven't found anyone to settle down with, and I'm not the sleeping around casually type. It doesn't bring me happiness, and quick satisfaction isn't worth it.

I'm on the lookout, though, because I won't get any younger and I think it would be time for me to get the love of my life already. Pretty much all of my friends, both city and country folks, have. Feeling a bit left out here. I'm not bad looking, I'm quite fit and healthy even if I do eat a lot for people's opinion.

I'm friendly and have the good qualities both as a person and physically, why haven't anyone caught me yet? Makes no sense. I'm not picky, nobody on my way just hasn't wanted a relationship, more than sex, like I do. Sex is very important, for sure, but for me it has to lead into or be included in a relationship.