Chapter 17

Wilder POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

I grace him with a glance, unable to answer him and I don't bother forcing myself. Rick has a beer in his hand and the other hand is hooked on a belt loop of his jeans.

When it's been silent between us for a while, I grow impatient. He's not going to go, is he?

"Leave me alone" I grumble after letting out a puff of smoke.

"Not before I have apologised" Rick says, quietly, and I note something is off with him.

Well, he's been here a moment and I haven't heard any apologies. For what, anyway? Is he trying to make me feel better about it by fucking apologising? Idiot.

"Get lost" I say sharply, gritting my teeth almost painfully not to lash out a piece of my mind.

"Listen, Wilder, I'm sorry for -"

I chuckle humourlessly, turning to face him defiantly. "Your sorry is rubbish, and you know it. It won't let you off the hook from what you did to me. I hate you."

"You know, not only am I sorry for what I let happen that night, but I feel sorry for your attitude. You won't get far clinging onto it, ending up living even more years if not the rest of your life as miserable as so far."

I snort. "Let happen? You tricked me, did something to me and it was your fault!"

"You started that kiss."

"And my attitude is none of your concern, I already told you to piss off" I say, ignoring that remark of his, and turn turn my back on him again. I'm wasting a good joint in his foul company, and he a drink in mine.

"I don't want to piss off yet, I'm as much allowed here as you are" he says smugly, being a stubborn bastard. "And I won't leave you alone until you have forgiven me. If it makes you feel any better, I accept the blame on me."

"What do you still want from me, huh? You've got what a stinker like you want already."

"Oh, I like the nicknames you give me. Like I said already, you're wrong in that. But fine, I'll leave you alone, for now. Just...however you're feeling and how much you wish me dead, I want you to know that whatever you need anytime, you can come to me. I know you have a good friend in Jared, but just count me as an emergency or backup mate, okay?"

Silence. He doesn't go yet.

"After what we did, I can't trust you" I say, hushed but loud enough for him to hear.

"You shouldn't, but give me a chance. Please. It's okay to need help. And I promise not to let anything happen, no matter how much you'd kiss me."

I spin around to him again and glare daggers at his teasing smile, yeah, wishing him dead. I feel like the smoke comes out from my ears, too.

My knuckles almost turn white, resisting the urge to force that smile off his face again. He's provoking me, what does he want? Does me being angry turn him on or something? Disgusting. I hate him.

I have to calm down, not wanting to satisfy his intentions, so I breathe in and out few times to steady myself. Then, I get an idea how I can use him.

I smirk, more confidentially than I honestly feel. "Prove yourself as my backup mate and I believe you're sorry."

"How? I'll do it" he says, eyes lit up in idiotic excitement.

"We're going to the city today and you let me use your money to get whatever I want."

What the hell? That came out wrong! I meant to tell him to let me use his card, use his money for me- not for him to come along!

Before I get to take my words back and rephrase, his bright smile is back and it hurts my eyes and makes me freeze. Does he have to smile like that? Disturbing.

"Deal" Rick says, and reaches out his beer can. "Cheers."

I stare at him dumbfounded but then like under his spell again, reach out my hand to touch the can with my joint to answer that.

To fucking hell with this old creep. How do things turn against me this time?

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)