Chapter Two

A beacon of light pierced through the window, dust particles suspended in the air were clearly visible. The red color contrasted well with the blinding red of the Gryffindor common room. Harry was reading a book. Hermione decided that Harry needed to be taken to The Hospital wing because he probably had hit his head too hard.

"Harry James Potter, what is wrong with you?" She demanded.

"Blimey Hermione! He is just reading a book, not summarizing class notes." Ron yelled.

Harry grinned. "It's just a bit of light-reading Herm." Harry said, with a hint of sarcasm. Ron broke out laughing. Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Is that a slam on me?" She asked.

"You're damn right it is." Ron said. "Mate let's go have breakfast. And stop reading really. Or I'll drag you to Hospital Wing myself."

"Okay Ron. Relax." He said.

They advanced towards the great hall, while being in a deep conversation about Harry's detention with Umbridge. Which was pointless really.

"I think the Pink in the room will kill me before You-know-who does." Harry declared.

"Honestly mate, she wears too much Pink." Ron replied.

Hermione snickered.

They went to the Gryffindor table and Seamus and Dean were giving death glares to Harry. He rolled his eyes and looked towards the Slytherin table. He caught Draco's eye. He was looking at Harry.

When Harry had woken up earlier this morning, he was convinced that last night had been a dream. Draco Malfoy was an arrogant prick and he wouldn't do that.

'You know it isn't you fault right Harry' Malfoy had tried to comfort Harry.

Then Hermione hit his arm with a book and he looked away.

"Ow! What?" He asked.

"You are zoning out again Harry. Is something bothering you?" She asked.

"Yeah mate, you've been off lately." Ron said.

"No! I was just thinking about Sirius." He said.

Hermione nodded. Ron stuffed himself with 2 tarts.

"Well he woull be awlwright may" At least that's what Ron sounded like.

"Honestly Ronald, chew with your mouth closed. You sound like Batman on steroids."

Harry chuckled.

"Who's Batman?" Ron asked.

"A superhero Ronald." Harry replied, mimicking Hermione.

She hit him again and Ron burst out laughing. Harry's eyes travelled back to the Slytherin table. Draco was watching him again.

....Right Harry?"

"Huh what?" He asked.

"I said, that you won't create trouble in defense against dark arts again today right?" Hermione asked.

"Harry loves attention Granger. He knows how to manipulate people into believing him." Seamus snapped.

"Your point Seamus?" Harry asked.

"You're a liar. Me mum thinks that you're out to become the center of attention again."

"Does she now? Then tell her to keep her opinions to herself." Harry replied.

He walked out of the great hall, annoyed. He wished to put Seamus' head through a wall. But then again, that'd attract 'so called attention'. He wished to slither under a rock and die.

He didn't have classes for another hour, so he decided to head back to his dormitory and take a nap. The fat lady was singing again and Harry had to practically yell at her to get inside.

On his bed, he saw a note with a small pouch. He unfolded it and he was stunned.

Potter,

I've sent some murtlap essence because your hand looks more awful than your holier than thou attitude.

Use it well

-D

He fished out the murtlap essence and smiled. Draco Malfoy was growing soft on him.

Defense against the Dark arts was a nightmare. Umbridge was going on and on about theoretical knowledge and Harry was practically falling asleep till Ron elbowed him.

"Mr. Potter, do you wish to earn another week's worth of detention?"

"No Professor." He answered.

"Then pay attention. Or you will regret it." She said.

'Toad face.' He thought.

Then he messed up in potions, and Snape made some rude remarks. Malfoy smirked. Another day in life.

He also got all worked up and asked Seamus to stop acting like an ass.

At midnight, he slipped out of the castle again. He saw a silhouette against the dimming sky. He paused. It was a slender figure, walking gracefully along the shore. His blond hair falling down to his eyes.

He turned and looked at Harry. Their eyes locked. He felt shivers down his spine.

Draco Malfoy was looking beautiful and Harry didn't want to look away.