Chapter Three

"Potter" Malfoy regarded Harry as he advanced towards the shore. At first, Harry decided to leave. But Malfoy had already seen him and he'd also sent him the murtlap essence which had worked like magic after his detention.

"Malfoy" Harry said, his gaze settling on Draco's face. It was delicate with a sharp jawline and a perfect nose. His skin was pale and even more so in the starry night. He looked away. He closed his eyes letting the wind play with his hair. Harry couldn't believe himself when he heard his inner mind scream: Oh Jesus! Malfoy looks beautiful. He always thought Malfoy was an annoying little bastard and a very proud kid.

"Thank you for the murtlap essence." Harry said.

Malfoy smirked. There was a comfortable silence between the two boys. Harry thought Malfoy would go after sometime, but he didn't.

"I didn't see you coming." Malfoy said. Of course he didn't.

"Invisibility cloak." Harry replied. Malfoy nodded slightly, probably wondering why the hell Harry had an invisibility cloak.

"You weren't there at dinner." Malfoy pointed out.

Harry decided to let it slide. "Mhm"

"Were you at detention?" He asked.

"No, I was in the common room. Reading." He said.

"You read?" Draco asked.

"Why is it so hard to believe?" Harry asked. Hermione was startled when she had seen Harry reading and she had asked him if something was actually bothering him. It made him look sadistic, he supposed.

"Yes." Draco replied, with a soft chuckle. He let that slide again.

"What are you doing here Draco?" Harry asked.

"I thought we were not on first name basis Potter." Dr-...Malfoy said.

"You didn't answer my question."

"Why would I tell you Potter?" He sneered.

'There we go. Classic Draco Malfoy.' Harry thought. He dropped the subject.

"How's your hand?" Malfoy asked.

"It's okay. The murtlap essence helped." Harry said.

"Did that toad face make you write with a blood quill Potter?"

"I suppose, yeah. How did you know?"

"I went to her when one of the student was serving detention. I realized then. Plus the scars on your hand yesterday. Added up pretty well." He said.

"My, you're observant." There was another moment of silence between them.

"Didn't you tell your precious headmaster?" Draco asked.

"No. Suffice to say, he doesn't care. He just needs me to win the war and get out of his hair." Harry replied, with a hint of anger in his voice.

"Why didn't you tell any other professors?" He asked. Was it really concern that Harry was detecting in his voice?

"That's what she wants me to do. No. I can't give her the satisfaction." He replied, firmly. Malfoy shook his head.

Malfoy breathed heavily. "I was here because I was practicing a spell. Just to get certain things out of my mind."

Draco Malfoy took his time in answering questions. Harry looked into his grey eyes.

"Which spell?" Harry asked. "Not that you have to tell me of course, I'll go." He added.