Chapter Seventeen

Harry woke up breathing heavily. Voldemort was on a killing spree again, at least in his dreams. It was painful. His head was covered in sweat, he brushed his fingers through his hair. Draco was asleep. He looked so lovely, so peaceful. He wondered what took him so long to realize that he was attracted to Malfoy. But then again, he really was an insufferable, proud Slytherin. Harry kissed his forehead, and tucked him in. He went downstairs, making sure that he didn't come across Ron. He was not ready to tolerate more yelling and screaming.

Grimmauld Place was a little depressing really. It was the order headquarters, The wall on the stair was decorated with a row of shrunken house-elf heads, mounted on the wall. There was a portrait of Walburga Black, mostly covered in curtains, who'd scream when she'd see mudbloods in the house.

Sirius didn't have a purple beard anymore. Remus was sleeping again, somehow on the floor. Sirius was messing around with him and he'd receive a smack once in a while.

"Harry, slept well?" Sirius asked.

"Yeah, although I slept for too long."

"Nonsense. You should've seen your father in his second year. He'd find some way to injure himself just to get some sleep in the hospital wing. I suppose he did sleep for twenty hours. I was bored once so even I broke a leg. Remus found a way to fall off the broom along with Wormtail." Sirius said, pointing at Remus. "McGonagall did not appreciate the joke." He chuckled at the memory.

"Sirius, why is this house so depressing?" Harry blurted. Sirius laughed. "Pureblood manors are usually very sadistic. You've still not seen the Malfoy manor. Grimmauld Place looks like wonderland compared to it."

"Of course it is." Harry murmured.

"You can suggest some changes when you come here, to live with your very handsome and cool godfather, who does not mind you snogging boys-

"Sirius come on!" Harry laughed. Remus kicked him. "Moony wake the hell up!" Sirius screamed.

Harry wanted to live with Sirius, also modernize this place a little. He'd start with removing those god awful elf heads. He wanted to be a proper family with Sirius.

"Can I come here after the term ends?" Harry asked.

"Of course Harry, but Dumbledore-

"Dumbledore doesn't care Sirius. He needs me to win the war. He's been ignoring me for a better part of this year. I cannot go and live with the Dursley's Sirius. They are a pain in the arse." Harry said.

"You're always welcome here Harry. This is, going to be your place after I die-

"Do not talk about dying." Harry interrupted.

"Oh I am not dying so soon. I have to attend you wedding with Malfoy-

"Sirius! What-

"I will get drunk on your wedding, give a speech. I have to be the cool dad and spoil you." He pointed out. "Probably even be your best man, because there is no better man than me."

Harry laughed. Remus kicked Sirius again. He probably did not appreciate Sirius going on and on about being the better man. Remus finally woke up, Sirius was delighted.

"Good evening, Sleeping beauty." Sirius joked.

"I forgot you read those muggle fairytales." Remus groaned. "Oh yeah, they're very amusing." Sirius replied. He scrambled to his feet and muttered something about Sirius being like Peeves. He did NOT appreciate that. Peeves was an annoying ghost. Sirius went to make dinner, dragging Remus along with him. Harry went to library to help Ron and Hermione plot Umbridge's demise.