Chapter Eight

Harry woke up with a smile on his face. Last night had been spectacular. Malfoy had to drag him back to the castle because he was acting like a spoiled brat and wasn't willing to move. Then Malfoy became his rude, bossy self and told him that if doesn't drag his bloody arse to the castle, he wouldn't kiss him goodnight. Harry was the happy to oblige after that. Then he'd slept peacefully. At least until Seamus finally fell down with a loud thud.

Ginny was particularly happy. She told him that Neville had talked about plants with her for a few hours yesterday. She was blushing heavily. Harry was glad to see her all jumpy. Seamus was yelling and groaning. Dean found this very hilarious and wouldn't stop giggling. Hermione was reading as usual and Ron had a bit of a sleepy start. Apparently, they had no classes today, except Defense against the Dark arts, because Umbridge wanted it to be that way. Hermione decided that she'd had enough and told Harry and Ron to meet her at the front door at five. Then they wrote a few essays. Ron fell asleep in an hour and Harry had to struggle a bit to wake him up.

"Where are we going?" Harry asked.

"The Hog's head." Hermione answered.

"Why?"

"We're meeting a few people." She replied.

So they followed her to Hog's head. After some time, a few people entered.

'No Slytherins' Harry realized. But then again, Hermione was being secretive about this. She probably didn't want them around.

"Hi! So as you all know, we need a teacher. A real teacher. Who'd guide us with spells. So, we're all going to be meeting once or twice a week and practice-

A Ravenclaw interrupted Hermione, "Is he really back?"

"Yes." Harry replied.

"Did you see Cedric die?" Another Hufflepuff asked.

"Look I am not going to talk about Cedric. If that's what you're here for, you might as well just clear out now." He yelled.

"Is it true that you can produce the Patronus charm?" Luna asked.

Harry nodded.

"That's mildly putting it. Third year, he fought off a hundred dementor's at once." Hermione beamed, proudly.

"Look, this sounds really great right now. Most of that was luck. But when you just seconds away from being murdered, you never know what to do, you're numb and paralyzed." Harry said.

"It's important that you're trained in combat, or you'll never make it through." He added.

They decided to name this organization as Dumbledore's Army.

Hermione spoke up again.

"So the DA will meet twice a week, and we'll be taught by Harry. We'll let you know the details."

They were talking about all the possible placed where they could practice and for the first time, Harry was actually looking forward to something.

********

"Hey mon amour." Draco said, with a gentle smile. Harry had followed him out of the great hall after dinner, because he had been looking at Harry the whole time. Hermione and Ron were busy discussing about the DA and he told them that he'll see them in the common room. They just nodded and then Harry bolted towards Draco, into an empty classroom.

"Mon amour?" Harry asked.

"It's French you git." Draco hissed. Harry grinned.

They looked at each other, silently. Draco's hand dropped into Harry's as he pulled him closer. Then he stroked Harry's cheekbones with his thumb and traced his jaw.

"Potter, you're a parselmouth right?"

Harry nodded. He didn't like to talk about it. Everyone was so horrified when they realized that he could talk to snakes. They had kept their distance. Harry had felt different. Like he didn't fit in. Like he was evil and cruel. It really was just a language. But it was usually associated with dark magic.

"Can I hear it?" Draco asked, warmly.

Harry was conflicted. He didn't want Draco to be afraid of him.

'You do realize that you don't scare me Potter' His voice echoed in Harry's head. Yeah, he was Draco Malfoy. Harry Potter did not intimidate or scare him. But he was still hesitant. Draco gave him an encouraging nod.

He closed his eyes and inhaled harshly. He leaned into Malfoy's ears and started hissing. Draco gasped, his thumb was moving in circles on Harry's back. When Harry broke apart, Malfoy smiled gently and brushed his lips against Harry's.

"That was beautiful, love." Draco exhaled. "That was so very beautiful."

He didn't hesitate to tell Harry. He just looked at him in awe. Harry gave him a small smile.

'No it isn't.' He thought it was a curse. Draco pressed his forehead against Harry's.

"It not a curse." He said, as if he had read Harry's thoughts.

"Everything about you is heavenly. You're so annoyingly handsome, so ridiculously gorgeous. So angelic." Draco said. Harry felt a lump in in throat.

He wasn't afraid of Harry. He wasn't scared to embrace the horrors. He found it beautiful.

"Draco-

Draco placed his finger on Harry's lips. "You're infuriating and you're also a prat. But you're far from evil Harry. Parseltoungue is just a language, it doesn't make you dark. I think it was lovely. Hell I can't even describe how beautiful that was. You're beautiful."

Harry wrapped his arms around Draco. Draco kissed his head. Harry had to bite his cheek from having an emotional turmoil. He had accepted this terrible, ugly side that Harry had, yet he thought that it was beautiful. They broke apart and Malfoy gave him a gentle peck on the cheek.

"Sleep tonight. Don't go to the black lake." Draco said.

Harry shook his head. But Draco had made it clear. He wasn't going anywhere tonight.

"Bye Potter. Sleep well." Draco whispered in his ear. It sent shivers down Harry's spine.

"Bye Malfoy. Good night."

Draco smiled. Harry headed to the common room shortly after. He was calm and that did count for something.

Ginny and Neville were talking and Hermione was yelling at Ron for something. It was an amusing sight.

"Harry! Fancy a game of chess?" Ron said. Hermione groaned.

"Sure Ron." He replied. They did play for a while but then Dean was throwing things at Seamus. Hermione was yelling. Ron was trying to concentrate on the game, but gave up shortly after. Harry was laughing for a uncontrollably. Then Ron and Dean cornered Seamus and started tickling him. Neville joined shortly after.

There was laughter and chaos everywhere. But Harry's mind was elsewhere.

'That was beautiful love. That was so very beautiful.'