Chapter Twenty Two

Umbridge had disbanded the DA. Fudge had arrived shortly after and Dumbledore had thrown himself under the bus. Since he had no intention of going to Azkaban, he had fled, in style. That old hag was shooting daggers at all DA members. Marietta Edgecombe had mouthed them off to that nightmare for a teacher who was also headmistress now. Talk about torture. She had sacked Trelawney and Hagrid. She was insufferable. Harry wouldn't be surprised if she would turn everything entirely pink. Professor McGonagall was enraged but she couldn't do anything about it either. Now with the DA gone, everyone was back to studying. Harry had no idea why everyone was worried about the exams so much. It was literally April. Exams were still two months away. Draco and Hermione were quite worried. They were, as usual, in the library. Ron hadn't approved of Hermione studying with Malfoy, but she really wasn't asking. The both of them would keep discussing, debating and evaluating answers and notes. Harry had even slept through one of their discussion about Goblin Rebellion. They even argued a bit.

"Harry, quit daydreaming oh my god! We only have two months left for our exams." Hermione yelled. Harry groaned. Draco smirked. Rumors about them were throughout the school. Only a few actually knew that Draco and Harry were dating. Harry was gazing and him, he looked so wonderful. He couldn't even form into words just how beautiful Draco was.

"Potter, study." Draco ordered. Harry dropped his head in his hand. He hadn't been sleeping well. He had been having recurring nightmares. He always woke up drenched in sweat, panting and gasping for air, his scar hurting more than usual.

"Alright there mate?" Ron asked. "Tired." Harry replied. Draco bit his bottom lip as he looked at Harry, concerned.

"You've been running for finger over that scar since a few minutes now." Hermione pointed out. "Is it hurting again?"

"I'm fine Hermione." Harry said much harshly than he should've.

"What'd you say we take a break?" Ron asked, hesitantly. Hermione thought about it for a while till she agreed. Draco slipped his hand into Harry's as they headed towards the great hall, Ron and Hermione ahead of them. Ron was starving as usual.

"What is it?" Draco asked.

"Nothing." Harry said. Draco stopped, turning Harry's face by his chin, towards him. "You're a bad liar."

"I've been having the same nightmare over and over again and my scar hurts. The DA is now disbanded. Umbridge is getting on my nerves. Dumbledore's gone. Hagrid is sacked. I miss Sirius. Voldemort is probably penetrating my mind." Harry replied lazily.

Draco pulled him closer. What happened to NO PUBLIC DISPLAYS OF AFFECTION? Not that Harry was complaining. Draco pressed his forehead against Harry's. "Please don't do anything reckless Harry." He nodded as he buried his head in Draco's neck. He traced his thumb along Harry's spine as he pulled him in a hug. Some Hufflepuffs were glaring, their mouths hanging open.

"They're looking." Harry pointed out.

"They be damned. I'm having a moment here."

***************

Lunch was excellent, expect Hermione was annoyed with Ron. He was chewing with his mouth open and she did not like that. At first she was just glaring, then she politely asked him and then when he wouldn't listen, she started hitting him with a huge book. Harry and Seamus were enjoying this immensely.

"Ronald, do you have any table manners at all?" Hermione asked, arrogantly. He ignored her. "She'll break your face before you know what hit you." Harry warned. Ron then ate silently, Hermione was pretty satisfied.

"We have a plan." The Weasley twins barked in excitement. "Sure?" Harry replied.

"Do you remember that plan you were working on? Get Umbridge kicked out before she makes you look like a douche kebab. Spectacular name, but we are going to use a totally amazing idea." They said.