Chapter Twelve

Harry was studying in the library, which was something that he'd normally never do, but he was engrossed in the essays, so he escaped his thoughts. Ron and the others were back and he was sleeping. Snape had given them a lot of homework and he had a few backlogs which he had to get done. Hermione was helping him with Charms and Defense against the Dark Arts. He copied her History of magic essays, because he was in no mood to write about some random shit he didn't care about. Not after what happened yesterday. He was trying not to think about it or he was going to have a breakdown.

"Granger." A voice regarded. Hermione gave a slight nod. "Potter." Harry ignored him. Draco Malfoy was the last person he wanted to see. Harry glanced at him for a moment before returning to his essay. He was sitting adjacent to Harry, with a slight grin on his face, a strand of hair falling on his face. Annoyingly handsome, as usual. He nudged Harry's foot. He shifted away from Malfoy, trying to focus on his essay.

"Harry, I'll be back, I need to check a book for this portion of my essay." Hermione said.

"I'll come with you."

"Oh no, I'll be back soon. Just don't go anywhere." With that she went to look for that book, shooting a glare at Malfoy.

"Hey love." Draco said.

Harry ignored him. He had a strong desire to kiss Malfoy, he couldn't. Anger was boiling inside him.

"Harry?" Draco whispered, placing his hand on Harry's. He pulled it away with a force.

"Honey is this about yesterday?" Draco asked again.

"Oh you would think that wouldn't you." Harry said, much harshly than he meant to.

"What-

Harry fished out the letter from his book bag and threw it towards Malfoy. His eyes were as wide as saucers. He stammered.

"I...I can explain."

"Keep your pathetic explanations with yourself Malfoy. You're a foul sick git. I loved you so much Malfoy, so much. Now I wish that I had never met you. You think it's alright to mess around with other people, that it's fun isn't it? I was stupid to think that you were just misunderstood. All of this was just a ploy to restore your tarnished family name. I should have seen it coming. You're a horrible person Draco and by all means, take me to Voldemort if you want to. Your father will be so proud and I'll finally be dead. Then you can restore your family name or whatever and probably get a cookie from the Dark Lord." Harry said. Draco was silent. His head dropped in his hand.

"Harry-

"Save it." He stormed out of the library, heading straight to the common room. He was crying. He had finally let it all out. Ginny came rushing to him and pulled him into a hug.

"I saw you run out of the library, what happened?" He inhaled sharply and started explaining everything to Ginny. She listened to him patiently and wiped a tear off his cheek when he was done.

"And you didn't let him explain?" Ginny asked.

"He was lying all this time Gin. I trusted him. I told him about the DA, I love him so much, but how can I believe another word he says?" Harry asked, his voice breaking with every word.

"Shh, deep breaths Harry. I know you don't want to hear another word he says, but when you calm down, think about it okay?" She said. Harry nodded. Ginny tried to lighten the mood, she offered him some chocolate, but he declined.

"Don't you have a plant date with Neville today?"

"It can wait Harry. I can't let you be here all alone."

"No Ginny, you're going. I don't want to feel guilty if you miss this out." Harry said. They argued for a bit, but he finally convinced her to go.

"You promise that you'll be alright?"

"Yes."

After Ginny headed out, he completed everything and faced the wrath of Hermione Granger, who wasn't impressed with him running out of the library like that. Ron woke up shortly after.

"Harry, you were crying weren't you?" Hermione asked. Harry suddenly found the floor to be very interesting.

"I miss my parents 'mione, nothing else as such." He lied. He couldn't bring himself to tell the two about Malfoy. Somehow he doubted that they would appreciate it.

"Look I need to clear my head, I'm going for a walk." He told them. Hermione and Ron shared a look as Harry headed out, straight to Hagrid. He knocked twice.

"Hello Harry, yer here after a long time. How are yer? Come in!" He asked.

He smiled and shrugged, and asked how Hagrid was doing. He avoided the rock cakes and let Hagrid do the talking. After a few hours, he headed back to the castle.

"Detention Mr. Potter, for going out of the castle without permission." Umbridge squeaked. Of course.

"Sure. I'll be there." Harry replied. Umbridge was startled, because Harry wasn't affected by anything she did by now. He didn't care. All he had to do, was write with a stupid blood quill. He wandered about, finally going to the owlery. He figured Sirius must've written to him by now. Also, it was quiet. He had received a letter from Sirius and some treats.

Dear Harry,

Can't you just say that you love me already? I am you godfather for Merlin's sake. You know I love you too Harry, more than it humanly possible and yeah we both suck at emotions. I sent you some sweets. Your father loved these and since you are so much like him, I figure that you'll too. Don't get into trouble.

I hope you'll be here for Christmas. I'll be waiting. Take care.

-Padfoot.

The owl bit him really hard.

"Ow! Stupid bird." He yelled

P.S: The bird bites.

Harry smiled. He read it over and over again. Oh how he missed Sirius. He heard footsteps behind him, and he turned.

"Malfoy." Harry sighed. He moved past him and he grabbed Harry's arm.

"Wait. Let me explain Harry, please." Draco said.

"Writing another letter to your father?" Harry asked. He hesitated.

"Of course you are." he decided.

"I do love you Harry. I know you won't believe me-

"Then why even bother?" Harry scoffed.

"Please just-

Harry cut him off with a kiss, long and deep. Malfoy pulled Harry closer, his hands dug deep into Draco's waist. His tongue made it's way into Harry's mouth, moving it along hungrily. It was soft and moist and hot and breathy, one timeless and passionate moment. The heat rose in their cheeks. It was electric and delicious, then firmer, more determined, more curious about the heat that lay within. A familiar taste that Harry had grown to love. It was one hell of a kiss. They broke apart, gasping for air.

Harry looked into Draco's eyes. So beautiful. Always so beautiful. Finally, Harry walked away. Draco was watching him, his gaze moving along with Harry. He stopped and turned to face Malfoy. He drew a firm expression on his face.

"Don't think this changes anything."