23- It's all good

SPIKE'S POV

Buffy and Giles said their apologises and he even apologised to me, I forgave him, of course. I wasn't even too fussed anymore, I didn't care for the fighting, well emotional fighting. Everything was good and everyone couldn't be happier.

'So Willow did you find a spell?' I asked changing the subject

'Oh yes!' Willow yelled rising fom behind the counter 'I left it here' she said grabbing and waving a book in the air 'I can't practise it really, so we will have to take a risk, but oh well'

'We trust you Willow' Xander smiled

'Thanks guys, I'm just really worried about this, if it doesn't work and it doesn't bring the sun back, we'll be facing a lot of vampires!' Willow exclaimed

'It's okay Willow' Tara reasured her

'Yeah Will, it'll be fine' Buffy smiled

'And when it does work I'll be lucky enough to have the Ring of Amara on me' I beamed

'Yes' Willow said staring off into the distance

'Willow?' Anya asked

'What?' She snapped back into reality

'Ah... nothing' Tara muttered

'Okay well we better go' Buffy replied nervously, she grabbed my hand and headed for the door as I waved bye to everyone.

'What was that?' Buffy asked me

'What?' I replied

'With Willow? Something is up'

'I don't know, maybe she's tired'

'Yeah true, she's probably been up all night searching for the spell'

'Should we do a quick patrol' I asked

'Nah, lets go home and do something' she smiled

'Like what?' I replied

She just stared at me not blinking until I got the hint.

The alarm clock flashed 11pm in the darkness, I rolled over and Buffy's arm fell off my chest. I was so tired yet I couldn't sleep, but Buffy seemed to sleep through anything. I got up, frustrated that I couldn't sleep and tip toed downstairs quietly. Our bookshelf held hardly anything, but it did contain a few books Giles or Willow had left here, and too my surprise one was about the Ring of Amara.
It talked about all the special powers it gave, and all I seemed to know. The book makes it extremely clear that only one was ever made and then hid for a very long time. I find it hard to believe that Willow's friend, I don't remember the name, wait Buffy never told me the name, anyway happened to find the Ring of Amara at a sale.
I heard the bottom step creek and I jumped, but it was only my lover. She stood at the lounge room entrance with her hair all messed up at the back, my shirt on her like a dress, and only wearing one sock. She rubbed her eyes sleepily and yawned.

'What are you doing?' She whispered even though we were the only two who lived here.

'I couldn't sleep sorry' I replied

She came over and sat on my lap, I laid her head down on my chest as I continued reading the book.
The book said 'once the ring of Amara has been...'
And that was it, that's where the book ended, someone had ripped out the last page. Buffy whimpered in her sleep, obviously having a bad dream. I gently stroked her arms slowly waking her, her eye lids fluttered open.

'Spike?' She asked

'Yeah' I replied hugging her softly

She lifted herself and then flopped face down onto my bare chest.

'Love who burrowed this book?' I asked

'What book?' She asked back

'The Ring of Amara' I replied

'I really don't know' she yawned

'Okay' I said stroking her hair, Buffy drifted back off to sleep in my arms and I carried her upstairs to our bed.