11- Reactions

BUFFY'S POV

I woke the next morning with a foul taste in my mouth, Spike wasn't next to me so I rolled into the middle of the bed and stretched. I tumbled out of bed and headed downstairs, I couldn't smell any breakfast.

'Spike?' I asked the house

'Buffy' Spike replied

I climbed down the stairs and was confronted by the Scooby gang in the lounge.

'What time is it? Did I over sleep again?' I panicked

'No Buffy it's 9am' Giles replied

'Oh, hello then' I smiled

'Buffy come sit' Willow smiled patting down the seat in between her and Xander.

'What's going on?' I asked

'Just sit Buff' Spike said, he was standing up at the front and Giles was in the other seat next to the lounge. I sat next to Willow and Xander, everyone looked so worried and I feared someone may have passed away, if it was Tara I'm sure Willow would have flooded the place by now and if it was Anya I'm sure Xander would have thrashed the place by now in anger. I didn't know that many people, everyone I loved was here. So who could it be?

'Buffy do you remember last night?' Spike asked me, I zoned back in and stared at him

'We slept?' I responded

'Before that love'

I stared around the room and all eyes were on me.

'You couldn't find your... Pyjamas?' I asked confused

Spike sighed and I feared that it wasn't the right answer and then it hit me, Angel.

'I know' I whispered

'What?' Willow asked

'I know now, I mean I remember' I replied 'Angelus is back'

'Yeah' Spike confirmed

'I'm sorry baby' I apologised to Spike

'Oh, for what?' Spike asked

'For my reaction. I didn't know how to respond, it was so sudden'

'As long as you are okay Buffy?' Xander asked

'Yeah I'm cool with it' I replied standing up 'I know what I have to do'

The gang left and I jumped up the stairs and got changed. For some reason I had a happy vibe running through my body and I don't know why. I knew I had to kill Angel well Angelus, but why did I feel happy? I fumbled down the stairs confused at myself, it was around lunch time and I had skipped breakfast but my stomach felt tight and un hungry. I went into the lounge room and Spike was sitting right in the middle of the lounge, the TV was flashing but was on mute. I sat down next to him just so our thighs touched side by side and watched the TV with him. I looked at him then back at the TV unsure what to say or what I should be doing, luckily he spoke first.

'Buffy do you love me?' He asked like he was afraid for the answer.

'What!? Are you crazy Spike? I love you so much!' I cried

'Then you need to understand I don't know how to feel or react' he replied

'To what?' I asked

'To why you are acting all devastated about Angel'

'I don't know Spike, I don't still have feelings for him if that's what you are implying, but Angel and I were together a long time. It's hard for me to react I'm not too sure myself'

'Okay' he replied.

I fought back tears and rested my head on his shoulder. I wanted to run upstairs and cry, but I didn't want to leave his side.