19- Baby please

BUFFY'S POV

'Baby' I whispered into Spike's ear as he held me close on the bed.

'Yeah' he whispered back

'I love you and you're not ungodly. You are better than that, you can't be ungodly if God made you just for me. I do worry about you when I'm out and I'm sorry I can't help it, it's because I'm out at College or something and the love of my life is at home without me and I can't help it and-'

Spike cut me off 'shhh, shhh, love it's okay' he said putting our faces together.

I stared into his amazing eyes, I could see his soul. Shining brighter than ever, I swear it was dancing.

'I love you' Spike whispered pulling my mouth to his 'more' he said kissing my cheeks 'and more' kissing around my neck 'each day' and finally kissing my forehead.

'You stole that trick from me' I laughed

'Maybe but it works' he smirked

'Oh yes!'

'Buffy' yelled Giles from downstairs

'Oh I nearly forgot' I replied jumping off the bed and pulling Spike along with me.

'Yes Giles' I called out running down the stairs with Spike

'I have it, I have the book!' He said waving it in the air

'What does it say?' I asked

'Oh I haven't gone through it yet, sit, sit and wait for the rest of them' he told us

'Oh okay' I replied pulling Spike towards the lounge.

'So what do you think is going to happen Monday?' I asked Spike

'What do you mean?' He replied

'Like are they all just going to charge at once or like slowly send in groups'

'Oh, I have no clue'

'Spike do you have any idea of the vampires that could be there?' I asked

'Not really, the people Angelus and I used to hang out with are long gone. They must all be newbies. But hey how did they even turn Angel back?' Spike replied

'A soul retractor I presume' Giles informed us

'Wait what?' Spike gulped

'A soul retractor, they are these type of demons that normally take souls away from humans. That's what they feed on souls, they are commonly known as Ractars' Giles added

'No! I know what they are' Spike yelled standing up 'do you know if they are bringing any? They could take my soul!'

Spike looked at me horrified but scared stiff at the same time.

'Baby it'll be okay' I said trying to comfort him

'Hey' the rest of the gang came through the door, including Anya and Tara.

'No' Spike mumbled, pushing past them and running upstairs.

'What's wrong!?' Willow panicked

I leant forward on the lounge and stared at Giles 'Seriously?! You had to tell him? I didn't even know and honestly I didn't want to! You could of lied to him said anything else! Like seriously did you forget he has a soul or something? Did you forget how easy it could go?! He doesn't want to be that person again! Giles what were you thinking!?' I yelled, the gang stood shocked, Giles stared at me unblinking and I had tears yet again running down my face.

'Buffy-' Giles started but I took off up the stairs

'Baby!' I cried running into the bed room, Spike was lying face down on the bed.
I quietly shut the door and sat next to him on the bed.

'Honey' I whispered

He sat up and I could see tear stains on his cheeks.

'Oh my God' I replied grabbing his face with both hands 'I've never seen you cry'

'Stop' he mumbled trying to push me away

'No' I replied holding his face in my hands

'Buffy I'm scared' he whispered to me

'It's going to be okay' I answered

'No I think I should leave' he replied

'No baby, no you can't leave me, I need you!' I pleaded

'Okay'

I kissed him on the lips and told him to lay down and sleep for however long he wanted.

I returned down stairs to find the gang huddling in the lounge room.

'How-'

'Fine' I cut Giles off 'what did you find out?'

'Well, the all male vampire apocalypse is an old tradition. It hasn't been used in over 60 years. Depended on how many there are, I'm presuming a fair lot, it causes a strong bond, strong enough to align the planets for a Luna Eclipse during the day time. So it'll be night time all day Monday, which gives them an advantage'

'Okay' I replied making it clear I wanted him to go. Giles took the hint and left. The rest of the gang sat looking at me.

'You guys can stay' I laughed

'Oh good I'm hungry' Xander smiled

'Order some pizza' I pointed towards the phone on the table

'Okay' he replied

'Are you okay Buffy?' Tara asked

'Yeah, I'm okay' I said

'Is Spike?' Willow asked

'No, he's asleep now' I answered

'Giles told us what happened, it wasn't cool' Anya said

'Yeah, I know' I replied sitting down on the coffee table. Xander rejoined us and said the Pizza would be here in 10 minutes.