29- It's Time part 2

BUFFY'S POV

'It's started' Spike yelled

'Quick Willow' I shouted

'Okay, okay' she panicked

Willow started the spell, it looked amazing. Spike ran up to my side as soon as we could see the vampires coming. I put my arm in front to stop him, I didn't want him getting hurt. I know he's trying to protect me but I have to protect him, just at that moment I felt his body move away, good he needs to be out of harms way.

Most, and by most I mean more than half of the vampires bursted into flames, thank god. The rest half on fire charged at us armed with weapons, they were easy to take down, couple of punches here or there, a few kicks and they were gone.

'Did anyone see Angelus?' I asked nervously

'Yeah.' Xander replied

'Really? Are you messing with me?' I snapped

'No. Buffy I'm serious. When the group first started charging he was at the back, as a last resort I'm guessing. But once they started to burst into flames I think he fled.' Xander explained

'That sounds like him alright' I replied 'where's Spike?'

'I don't know' Giles replied

'Where's Spike!?' I yelled. I looked around he wasn't here, Willow was on the ground, Tara next to her.

'Willow?' I asked

'She's fine' Tara whispered 'just tired'

I ran back to the house, the door was locked. I swear I left it open? I checked my pockets, the keys are gone. I gave a small run up and pushed the door open with my shoulder, ouch. There lying in front of the door, burned arms, red, eyes shut, was my lover.