3- Magic Box

BUFFY'S POV

We arrived at the Magic Box at about 4pm, surprisingly customers still rushed in and out of the shop.

I looked up at Spike and realised he is quite tall, but he didn't tower over me, I hated it when guys did that. Spike was actually the perfect height, even if I wore heels I still wouldn't be taller. He noticed me starring and looked down at me.

'What?' he questioned

'Nothing' I replied

'I been getting that from you a lot love'

'I'm just thinking about you, I don't want to tell you what or you might get cocky about yourself'

'Might ay? Haha alright love' he grabbed my hand and we walked into the shop, the little bell at the top of the door dinged and vibrated in its shell.

'Hey guys!' I said

'Hey Buff, Spike how's it going?' Willow asked

'Good, good' I laughed

'I successfully made waffles this morning' Spike smiled smugly

'Oh we'll all have to come over for breakfast one time then' Xander said

'Oh. Give me a few more practises first maybe' Spike choked

Tara laughed along with everyone else, including me.

'So what's new?' I asked

'Oh nothing' Giles replied

'Anything demony going in?' Xander asked

'Don't think so, we'll do a quick patrol after this' I smiled

We all sat and talked until about 10 pm, the shop was long shut by then and everyone was pretty tired.

Spike grabbed my hand and we weaved in and out of the tombstones, I giggled. He stopped and squeezed my hand tighter, I filled the space between us and he put his finger to my lips, I turned around to see if anything was there. When all of a sudden a red demon came out from behind a tree and whacked Spike in the back, Spike fell to the ground.

'SPIKE!' I yelled, Spike kicked the demons legs from beneath him and he fell backwards onto the ground. I pounced on him and started punching him in the face but he hardly noticed I was there. He threw me off him and I flew landing and hitting my head on a tombstone.

'BUFFY!' Spike yelled rushing over to me, the red demon came towards us but I kicked him in the face, he nearly lost his balance but didn't, Spike jumped up and kicked him in the face, the demon lost his balance and grabbed the nearest tree. The demon couldn't be seen and I rushed up to Spike and kissed him on the cheek.

'You okay?' I asked

'Yeah of course, love are you?' he replied

'Yeah- AHHHH' I screamed and turned to look at my arm in pain, the red demon had his hand on my arm and he sunk his long nails into it, I screamed the pain was horrifying. I felt a liquid sink into my blood stream and the world before me slowly turned black, all I could hear was the sound of my lover repeating my name over and over again.