9- Smile Buffy

BUFFY'S POV

I was so glad about Spike. I was so happy that words couldn't describe. I wanted to be around him constantly, but I had to go to college, I couldn't avoid it any longer.

'Spike I'm off' I yelled from down the stairs

'Wait' he yelled running after me, he jumped down the stairs and threw his arms around me.

'I'll miss you' he whispered into my ear

'I miss you already' I whispered back kissing his cheek 'bye'

'Bye' he smiled.

I got into the car and took a deep breath, I had been avoiding college for about 2 weeks because of the red demon business. I turned the car on and pulled out of the drive way, this wasn't going to be easy, lucky Willow will be there to help.

I arrived at college twenty minutes before my first class just in case. I popped by Willow and Tara's room to say hi.

'Hey' I said sneaking my head around the slightly opened door.

'Hey Buffy' Tara smiled 'Willow's in the shower'

'Okay cool' I replied

'Nervous?' Tara asked

'Yes, why? Can you tell!?' I panicked

'N-n-no' Tara stuttered 'Willow!' she called out

'Oh hey Buffy' Willow smiled walking out the bathroom with a towel wraped around her.

'I just came to say hi before my first class that's all'

'Oh cool, I'll see you after that class okay and we'll catch up yeah?' Willow offered

'Yeah, sure. Bye' I waved shutting the door behind me.

I walked quickly to my first class even though I had plenty of time. I arrived ten minutes early and decided to choose the best seat, not to far back and not to far forward. I sat roughly in the middle, and hoped I wouldn't fall asleep again. I pulled out my phone and called Spike, I missed him already.

'Hey pet what's wrong?' he answered straight away

'Hey nothing' I replied

'You sure? You sound upset'

'I'm not, really love, I'm just early to class'

'Well that's good' he replied

'What are you doing?' I asked

'I am watching telly'

'What's on?'

'Not much just old black and white films' he replied

'My favourite' I smiled into the phone

'I know darling, I wish you were here'

'Me too. Spike I have to go someone walked in, love you'

'Love you too Buff'

I pressed end call and slid my phone back into the pocket of my jacket.

A couple of people walked in and joined the person who ruined my phone call. They turned around and slightly looked at me whispering. As if all at once the rest of the class came in, barging through everyone to get seats. People kept pushing past me to sit down and eventually I was surrounded by people I didn't exactly know. The group at the front was still whispering about me and I couldn't take it anymore, I stood to leave but right at that moment the teacher walked in.

'Sit' she said quite simply and I did.

After class Willow was waiting for me outside the door,

'Hey!' she beamed

'Hey Will' I smiled

'Let's get lunch' Willow said grabbing my hand and pulling me through the crowd.

We found a table and Willow ate lunch while I struggled to feel hungry for food.

'How are things?' Willow asked

'They are okay' I replied

'How's Spike?'

'Good' I smiled 'Tara?'

'Good' Willow smiled finishing her food 'how many more classes you got?'

'Only one, after lunch then I'll be home' I replied 'hey Will, what did people think when I was away for two weeks?'

'I told anyone who asked that you were sick why?' she replied

'Because these people in my class were talking about me today. I don't know who they are but I tried to leave and the teacher walked in and told me to sit'

'Maybe it wasn't about you' Willow said

'Will they were looking at me and whispering!'

'Buffy why are you letting this get to you? You could beat up this whole college, who cares what a couple of people think of you'

'I care.' I replied 'I don't want to be Buffy the freak again'

'Buffy... I'm sorry' Willow apologised

'No problem' I replied pushing away from the table 'I gotta go, I'll text you see what's happening with Giles'

'Okay bye' she smiled.

My next class went bye in a breeze and I don't really remember to much about it. I got to my car in the car park and jumped in, looked both ways and reversed out.

I pulled up in the drive way and I couldn't wait to see Spike, he honestly made my days one hundred percent better.

I unlocked the door and the house was still,

'Spike' I called but I got no reply, I threw my bag down near the stairs and ran through the kitchen and back around into the lounge. I still couldn't find him so I ran upstairs, I found Spike sleeping on our bed not even tucked him.

'Would hate to spoil your nap!' I yelled walking past to go to the wardrobe.

'Oh my gosh, Buffy' he said jumping off the bed a little dazed,

'Hey' I smiled pulling track pants out of the wardrobe

'How was school?' he asked sitting back down

'College' I corrected him pulling my track pants on 'and okay I guess'

'What's wrong?' he asked lying back down on the bed

'Ugh just these people in one of my classes' I pulled out one of my jumpers from a bottom draw 'they were talking about me in class' I pulled the jumper on and joined Spike on the other side of the bed.

'I wouldn't know how to help, I never had that stuff' he replied

'Didn't you go to vampire school?' I giggled

'Haha so funny love' Spike smiled, I laid down next to him and he wrapped his arm around me.

'I'm sorry I'm no help pet'

'Don't be Spike, anyway I'm going to call Giles and that for dinner okay? Find out what's going on' I said jumping up

'Alright' Spike replied getting up and following me downstairs.