28- It's Time

SPIKE'S POV

'Spike wake up' Buffy yelled from the bathroom

'Yeah.' I mumbled

'Now.' She replied

I stumbled out of the bed and across the floor to the bathroom.

'Sorry' I whispered

'Me too' She smiled 'are you okay?' She asked

'Yeah, I, I think I'm okay' I stuttered

'Are you sure? Because you're the thing I'm going to worry about most today' she frowned

'Yes. I'm sure. Please don't worry about me, the others need you too.'

'Okay'

The sun rose over Sunnydale and I swear in the distant I could hear the faint sound of vampires screaming.
But just as the sun started to rise it quickly started to set.

'It's started' I yelled

'Quick Willow' Buffy shouted

'Okay, okay' she panicked

The spell started and honestly it sounded beautiful, a blue shimmering ball appeared and dance in the air slowing making its way up into the sky.

'AHH'

There it was the first scream of a vampire, I laughed, it was funny soon they would all be up in flames. This was easy, too easy. I knew, I sensed it. Something bad was going to happen. To Buffy. I have to protect her.

I ran to her side, she put her arm in front of me. Great she's trying to protect me and I'm trying to protect her. I saw them the gang of vampires running freely during the day time, and then I saw one, two maybe three burst into flames. I looked up, the blue ball so far into the sky, right in front of the sun. My eyes started to burn, water and heat up. I glanced away towards the ground. Everything spinning out of control, my skin piercing me, heating up, is that a small flame on my arm? I can't see, I can't breathe. I can't normally breathe but this is different, I staggered off to the side trying to keep a straight walk. My throat swollen, I can't even yell for Buffy, I fall, graze my hand on the burning cement. I lift myself up, why didn't I wear my coat today? I stumble up the house steps, good thing we didn't head to the middle of town, my arms turn to fire, I roll the doorknob and fall into the house, throwing my arms on the ground, silently screaming to myself, the door shuts by itself and locks. How did that happen? My eyes roll back, death? My eye lids drop, my whole chest on fire inside, that's it. I'm out.